Anyone elses horse moulting at the moment?

I love my Spanish horse

Visit site
Cos i am literally being covered in grey hair right now!
Didnt clip him this winter but he never really grew a thick enough coat to warrant it, right now though, especially after working him i could easily knit a jumper or ten from the amount of hair stuck to me :D

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
My stable friend said this today, her made is clipper with legs left on. She was saying her horse was moulting this morning. Not noticed a massive amount on mine yet but definitely think its going to be coming soon

kellybee

Visit site
Cos i am literally being covered in grey hair right now!
Didnt clip him this winter but he never really grew a thick enough coat to warrant it, right now though, especially after working him i could easily knit a jumper or ten from the amount of hair stuck to me :D

lol one of mine is (and typically it's the grey one!)... they moult not according to temperature but according to daylight hours or so I'm told. A good sign that the shortest days are behind us!

I have to say though, I looked at the post, then at the pics in your sig and had to read the post again... I'm guessing it's not the same (black) horse thats moulting lol :D

I love my Spanish horse

Visit site
Glad its not just mine then;) Thats interesting about it being to do with daylight hours, automatically assumed it was due to the weather being milder but if it means spring is on the way then guess have to put up with it, is just bleddy annoying having grey hair EVERYWHERE!!

lol one of mine is (and typically it's the grey one!)... they moult not according to temperature but according to daylight hours or so I'm told. A good sign that the shortest days are behind us!

I have to say though, I looked at the post, then at the pics in your sig and had to read the post again... I'm guessing it's not the same (black) horse thats moulting lol :D

Lol, no thats my old boy who i sold last year, havent got round to chaging sig yet but res is the one in my avatar. Annoyingly enough he barely changed out of his summer coat so there was nothing to moult whatsoever, so when i bought another spanish stallion assumed he would be the same. oh how wrong I was:D

Last edited: