Anyone elses horses up on their toes at the minute?

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Until this morning I didnt think so!! Che was bouncing and squealing on his way to the field this morning and when I let him go, after eating his carrot of course, he rolled, bucked, squealed a bit more then ran up and down the hill a couple of times, had another roll (usually only has one) and was generally full of himself. So somethings definitely in the air, he's usually as placid as they come.

mirage

Visit site
Yes indeedy.Knobberpony is not forward going in the school and my girls struggle to get her trotting and cantering.Not so this weekend,which made a nice change,until she got a bit nippy with me today whilst tacking up,and had eyes out on stalks at the sight of a cat,then refused to go into her paddock because a scarey wheelbarrow was in there.:rolleyes:

Jingleballs

Visit site
Yup - pony is always a tad fresh during the winter months but this year he's been a nightmare - it takes at least 10 minutes of broncing on the lunge before he'll settle into work and when schooling he needs to be worked quite hard to get him to focus - once he's had his hooley he's fine and for some reason he's actually become more sensible to hack but take him into the arena, especially the spooky top corner and he's a looney!

I'm enjoying it though because I know when spring/summer arrives and I actually need all that energy he'll be back in donkey mode *sigh*

MochaDun

Visit site
Mine was yesterday when we hacked out on our own but we had that very cold air chill factor going on and I find sharp edged weather can do that. Today out with someone else was a saint though and brave.

Jesstiggs

Visit site
So glad i have just seen this thread...thought it was just my boy...he has a been an angel on the ground for the last couple of weeks not put a foot wrong...rode out yesterday and wow he must have been saving all the energy...he was literally like tigger on speed!!!