Anyone ever done an online equine course?

spike123

Visit site
I'm signed up as well. Just requested to join the HHO group on FB. Will be great for us to all help each other out if we do get stuck. Hopefully as someone else said the course won't be too demanding as it's meant to be suitable for all.

Gasper

Visit site
Newbie here, been lurking for a couple of weeks ! I have signed up too and also to the fb page, hopefully the four hour time difference won't mean I miss any interesting chat :confused:

Queenbee

Visit site
I doubt the time difference will interfere too much, some of us are really early risers and others are night owls :) there is also a forum that has been set up dedicated to course discussion, you can find the link on the fb site or pm me for the link.

Fjord

Visit site
I've signed up and just requested to join the FB group. It should be interesting, I just hope it's not too difficult!

Gasper

Visit site
I doubt the time difference will interfere too much, some of us are really early risers and others are night owls :) there is also a forum that has been set up dedicated to course discussion, you can find the link on the fb site or pm me for the link.

Thank you, have joined the fb page and also have the link to the forum. Also a newbie owner, 30 odd years on from the last time I actually owned a horse and with different challenges from the majority of you guys ie heat and sand !

Spottyappy

Visit site
I have joined course and will send Facebook request. Just had major surgery and will be twiddling my thumbs for several weeks,so this should at least help keep my brain active and pass some time.

LittleGinger

Visit site
I've signed up as hoping it will be really useful - totally forgot about it until they emailed the other day. Requested to join the FB group too so I don't feel like I'm doing it alone! :)

doriangrey

Visit site
Will be interested to see if anyone has too! Ive also signed up to the course, it looks really good actually may well do other courses from the same site.

Here is the link for anyone who wants it
https://www.coursera.org/course/equinenutrition

There are online lectures and you get a certificate at the end, you dont need anything to do it apparently!

Thanks so much for this, I actually thought you had to attend in person. I did equine nutrition a few years ago (informally) and I'm really looking forward to this but I don't have a facebook account so will miss the study groups :(
Thanks again for highlighting it.

Garnet

Visit site
I signed up for the course ages ago, but have just sent a request to join the Facebook group.
I haven't studies anything at undergraduate level for a veeeeeery long time, so I hope my brain is up to the challenge!

Queenbee

Visit site
I have been looking into this as I am interested but is it only me that is slightly wary with it being a course from the USA?

Final Furlong is right, its written and delivered by University of Edinburgh and they use Coursera to do this, there are a lot of courses on Coursera on a wide range of topics, written and delivered by varying uni's. The last one I took was really interesting and fun, very well delivered too.