Anyone fancy helping me horse hunt?

GeorgieRoo

Visit site
Does anyone fancy helping me horse hunt? I'm looking online but thought other people may spot ads that I might not see. What I'm after is something 15-15.3hh, age unimportant but nothing too green. I'm after something fun but safe, and something that's nice to handle, to do hacking, general riding and hopefully a bit of low level riding club stuff. I'm not after a superstar, just something I can enjoy some general riding on. Preferably something in Midlands/Wales/North West but would travel to see one if it ticked all the boxes.

Any suggestions welcome :)

suffolkmare

Visit site
For what you're after, why not try more locally, ie. do the rounds of tack shops, equine vets, riding stables and livery yards...check their ads, put up a wanted ad, ask and let people know what you are after...I think the type you want often moves home (buy or loan) by word of mouth. Good luck!

GeorgieRoo

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, thought I'd forgotten something in my first post. Budget is up to £3500, but preferably around £3000. I don't mind if mare or gelding, or really what breed- just nothing too fine. I do like coloured's but being very open minded when looking.

Thanks Suffolkmare, the wanted ad is a good idea. I've had a look around at local notice boards but the ads seem to be quite old.

Cobsndogs

Visit site
Have a look at the HP Stables website based in Lowsonford, I don't know them personally but they are just up the road from us and we often see them out hacking. I've looked at their website a few times and they usually have a good few coloureds at a reasonable price.

micki

Visit site
Try the Preloved Ads in your chosen search radius or post a wanted ad. If you're not already a member then join (£5 per year) you get the new ads before anyone else. :D

Preloved is great, i had the most inquiries from there when i had my horse for sale. Open today's advent calendar on there and you get free membership for a year :D.