Anyone fancy horse shopping

SplashofSoy

Visit site
Wanted
16.1/16.2 ish Maxi Cob type, ID or cross but must be good chunky type.
For BD dressage (prelim/novice and see where we get) and hacking especially alone. Maybe bob small Xpole jump. 7-12 years old. Preferably gelding. No BD record required but must have done some competing unaffiliated. I have no grand plans just to get out and have fun and see what happens, no need for a world beater or the next superstar.
No major vet issues, green, projects or nut jobs. Nice person is a must. Prefer not to buy from big dealers who only have their horses 5 mins and claim to know what they are really like, I have seen people been bitten before.
Budget £7k.
Hopefully in northern half of England as would need two viewings and I like to attend the vetting to get a good picture. (based North Yorkshire)
I know am asking a lot but cant seem to find any at all. Went to see one which i would have bought immediately if it was the horse in the advert and was ready to buy after viewing and riding when the seller dropped a major vet issue bombshell which would have come up on vetting and said she would reduce the price from £6k down. If I'd have known I wouldn't have viewed but didn't disclose when asked on phone regardless of price.

Last edited:

Lammy

Visit site
Found this one on Horse Quest. Not sure if you've seen but he seems to fit the bill?

Ref #: 171594

SplashofSoy

Visit site
This one is also on Horse Quest. 172143 Maybe not big enough.

Thanks Cassy. Yes too small. There are some gorgeous ones about 15.2/15.3 but they are just not big enough. I am 5'10 and although weight isn't an issue I don't feel in balance with something smaller.

Hi lammy, yes have seen that one. Perfect on paper. Cant say any more though.

hollymarsh

Visit site
I LOVE horse shopping whoever/whatever it's for, I'll keep an eye on Facebook and all the usual websites and let you know if I see anything.

SplashofSoy

Visit site

Thanks, cant deal with Judie Thurloe on advice from trusted people. The 18h is a lovely type but wont fit in my trailer! Gloucestershire is definitely too far. The problem I find on H&H is the adverts are quite old and don't get taken down by the sellers when sold.

Lammy

Visit site
Thanks Cassy. Yes too small. There are some gorgeous ones about 15.2/15.3 but they are just not big enough. I am 5'10 and although weight isn't an issue I don't feel in balance with something smaller.

Hi lammy, yes have seen that one. Perfect on paper. Cant say any more though.

That's a shame!

This chap looks like a nice sort though: http://www.horsemart.co.uk/superb-hunter-riding-club-horse/Horses/508991
A friend of a friend brought a lovely horse from Southgate a while ago, definitely jealous of her purchase. However it might be a bit far for you to go, unless you find others in the area to view at the same time.

Cassy

Visit site
Yes I know what you mean. I am 6ft tall and had a 17.2h Irish Draft a few years ago. But my last horse was a 15.3h chunky cob and I looked and felt fine on her.People who knew me thought she was actually much bigger than she measured. As an ageing rider, if I do decide to have another I will be looking for a smaller horse as I will not have so far to fall if I drop off!