Anyone feed pink powder?

monkeybum13

Visit site
Does anyone feed their horse pink powder from NAF? Would you recommend it, have you seen an improvement in horses coat, condition etc from feeding it?

Any comments good or bad would be much appreciated!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Yup, recommended to by Flynn's previous owner, henryhorn, to help reduce the effects of his long journey to us from her and the change in management. I find it helps to keep his weight on and now habitually feed it to all of my stabled horses, at varying doses dependent on horse and circumstances.

Ginn

Visit site
Not pink powder but feed Protexin (and have done since friend who grazes hers in the field next to ours lost 2 horses to grass sickness last year having done loads of research into best gut balancer)

Definately look healthy, lovely coats and Tilly came through the winter porky having only had a diet of forage! Would highly recommend and if they do the same deal for Burghley as they did for Badders (mail order or on the stand) then you can save £££ - we got a years worth for 2 horses for under £150!

ellie_e

Visit site
I give my linseed, so could I use this in winter to keep the weight on, and drop the linseed? ( hes on a calmer also, would it affect this?)

ischa

Visit site
I fed it to a mare I brought. From a dealers yard that had no worming program and was underweight that I couldn't get weight back on with the help of grass etc
So in the end I fed pink powder within a week or so
I started to notice the difference
In the end she returned to the ideal weight
So yes I defiantly recommend it

Mlini

Visit site
My new horsie gets it! As recommended by Kenzo! :)

Lots of people have said how well he looks compared to when he first arrived at the yard 10 days sgo.

K27

Visit site
I feed pink powder, i swear by the stuff now!- used to feed it to my horse years ago and have put mine back on it for the last couple of years as i have a horse that is a little stressy at times and also for the reason that i don't feed them the full recommended rates of hard feed and they are on very good haylage so they need something to balance it and give them extra vits/mins, they look really good and well on the pink powder and i noticed my stressy chap was far more focussed when he's on it when working, he's far less grumpy and irritable too!.

For 2 horses i get through 2 of the smaller tubs a month, i suppose really i should buy the bigger tub as works out cheaper!

I've seen a v similar product on the market that is cheaper but i've not tried it as i don't think it is as concentrated as the p.p!

And as per Ginn, in the past i've used protexin (bio premium) for when they've needed more than the p.p i.e scouring and that has worked really well too.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I buy mine for 25 quid for a 1.4kg.

J_T bought a massive one recently for much cheaper. I know she did because I wanted it :p