Anyone going to Badminton on 2 separate days?

Stenners

Visit site
I used to camp for a fair few years and usually go up for a few days but this time on Sunday - I always feel Sunday is a bit like "its all over day"!! I'm thinking of maybe going up on the Friday as well but probably can't justify the cost! It's only about 1hr 20 from me so not too bad.

setterlover

Visit site
We take our caravan and I know what you mean about Sunday when we come out of the arena after the show jumping some stalls are packing up and the drinks and food area are starting to shut down it does feel like it's all over.
There are some bargains to be had in the food hall so usually pick up something for supper.
I really like Friday as there is a feeling of expectation and everything is buzzing.

Stenners

Visit site
We take our caravan and I know what you mean about Sunday when we come out of the arena after the show jumping some stalls are packing up and the drinks and food area are starting to shut down it does feel like it's all over.
There are some bargains to be had in the food hall so usually pick up something for supper.
I really like Friday as there is a feeling of expectation and everything is buzzing.
I totally agree about Friday - build up to the XC day!!

ihatework

Visit site
Yes. But then it is on my doorstep so I just nip in & out depending on what else is going on. I avoid Saturday unless I’m doing the finish box, which I won’t be this year, so am very much looking forwards to a hot date with my sofa & tv

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I did Friday and Saturday last year. Friday is a good day to go…except last Friday was the ‘Great Deluge’ and the place was a swamp!!! Saturday was better but the mud was so bad by then that the shops were a no go, too muddy and busy.

Definitely recommend going on the Friday

anguscat

Visit site
Usually go Thurs or Fri plus Sat or Sun. Varies from year to year. I confess I’m losing interest so will be just one day this year and the tv for xc.

millitiger

Visit site
I love Friday, that is the day we always go.
Stallion parade on Friday too!

I like the Sunday too though, a bit quieter for shopping and the SJ can be really exciting.

Always avoid Saturday!
Even when we camped there, we sat in front of a big screen for Saturday as couldn't face the crowds on the course.