Anyone going to BD at Towerlands this weekend?

Jo C

Visit site
As the title says really. Having met KatieJaye at Harolds Park on Sat just wondered if any other HHO'ers are going to be out and about. I am there on Sat.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Would love to come and meet you but am doing RC dressage at Norton Heath.

I think my next one will be Epping Forest Dressage Group @ Woodlands on the 19th. Making myself do Novice from now on!

katiejaye

Visit site
I won't be out this wkend but am looking to do some dressage at Towerlands soon as you said it's really nice there so I will def see you there in the near future. Now I know what you look like it will be easier to come and say hello!

Jo C

Visit site
Most of theirs seem to be during the week but the odd one is at the weekend. You must def come and say hello next time.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I would also like to go to Towerlands, been for other things but not to compete, but like you said mostly during the week
frown.gif

Went to Patchetts for Regionals in Feb...had hideously early time of 7.50am. Finni's sails were going round in the wind and rain and had to retire half way thorugh test, after an unplanned gallop across the long diagonal! oopps

May venture there again though over winter as they have quite a lot on. Are you near there?

Jo C

Visit site
I haven't so far as I think we are a bit spoilt round here, I have Norton Heath, Towerlands and Bluegate Hall Farm all within about 40 mins drive. There is also Wix which is a lovely venue. I will probably do Patchetts at some point though.

katiejaye

Visit site
Yes I'm 10mins down the road from Patchetts so it's my local. I used to stable Louis and my old boy there many moons ago. It always so well run and they have such great arenas and surfaces. Nice shop and restaurant too...very yummy chips! Let me know if/when you come and we'll pop down and say hello
grin.gif

Jo C

Visit site
Just outside Chelmsford (West). Not sure how long that would take either for you , Wix is a bit of a trek but is a lovely place.

Quarrybank

Visit site
Hiya,
I'll be there Sunday too. Doing the 2 novices, so I'll look out for you. I've also just entered Epping Forest, which will be my last one before Xmas.
re other venues - I tend to be spoilt too. I go to Norton Heath, Towerlands, Harolds Park & Bluegates mostly, but also venture to Wix, Patchetts (Did my winter regionals there too & it poured with rain all day!) & Oldencraig (Lovely venue..... v posh!) Not bad really, as they are all no more than an hour to get too.
I hope to see some of you all out & about. I only started Affiliated summer 2005 & I'm already hooked!!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Do come and say Hi, if you've time Quarrybank.
We'll probably be in our jackets that have 'Team Torrent' on them............ No, we're not that posh, it's very tongue in cheek!

You're very lucky re. venues in Essex. Up here in Norfolk there is nothing at all for me now
frown.gif
. The closest is Fenning Farm, Soham at 1hr 20 mins, and that is on the market.
frown.gif
Manor Farm, Huntingdon is another 'local' at 1hr 45 mins. otherwise it's Towerlands,Wix, Keysoe, Sheepgate or Addington, all at 2hrs or 2hrs 15 mins.
In Norfolk itself there is only the ILPH and they normally only run Novices, Elementaries and the occassional Medium. Suffolk is better provided for with Geldeston,although summer only I think,Orwell, Kembrooke Kennels and in the winter, Earlsway.

Never mind, I'll be spoilt for choice in 3years time when Spider comes out under saddle!
cool.gif

Quarrybank

Visit site
FinnMcCoul -I'm doing the 2 novices at Epping. How about you?
Bananaman - Which classes are you doing sunday? V spooky as I also have a Spider pony! A 4 year old who I'm hoping to event next year but will prob start to do some prelims in the new year. How old is your Spider?

Twiglet

Visit site
Finn McCoul, Wix takes just less than an hour from M25/A12 junction......very straight run all the way though so feels much quicker. Lovely venue, very relaxed and well run, I love competing there.

We are very spoiled in Essex, definitely!! There's really never a shortage of things to do and places to go.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Quarrybank...Was planning just the Novice 32 as am as skint as a skint thing from skint-land!

Hello 2310, haven't seen you for ages
wink.gif
How are things?

Perhaps I will try Wix then. I would rather drive for an hour on big rounds than do the nightmare 40 min trip on little A & B roads to Norton Heath!

Bananaman...and Spiderman?!
smile.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
Hey, I'm good thanks - looks like you've been busy!
I've had boring work exams so not got a lot of riding or HHO surfing done, but have passed now so getting back into the swing of things. Hoping to do some stressage soon-ish.

Wix is straight up A12, then on to A120 (towards Clacton), very easy journey normally. Lovely big indoor schools for warm up and tests.

They've got a fab farm ride and cross country course there which is open for hire.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
That is spooky! My Spider is only a yearling atm so a way behind yours. He's the coloured in my sig.

I'm doing the PSG. It's not a qualifier for anything but it's been a couple of months since we last competed so I wanted to just get out from time to time through the winter so we don't get rusty.
Which classes are you doing?

Quarrybank

Visit site
I'm in the Novices so I prob wont see you then but good luck.
My Spider is also a piebald, but has more white on him than your boy. He went to his first ever dressage (unaffl) show on Sunday & came 3rd, so v pleased with him.
grin.gif

I'll try & post a picture of my 2 boys when I get a chance. If my limited computer skills let me!!!