Anyone going to Horse camp this summer ?

WallisM

Visit site
Hello
laugh.gif

I just got information through last week to go to Horse camp @ High Plains near Hexham. I cannot wait for this as I missed out on Pony club camp as I got my 1st pony at 13 but had no transport.

So in August I am off to camp, The timetable looks fab and the place it is help at is fantastic.

I will be taking my tent
crazy.gif
as I don't have living in my trailer, I will be going on my own which I don't mind one bit as I will hopefully meet people once I am there.

Anyone else going to this camp or any other one and have you gone on your own ?

Love Wallis
x
wink.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
Im not going to the camp you are going on but going to a NH camp on the 29th june (2wk on Friday)
grin.gif
Im really looking forward to it, and hoping to learn loads as the timetable of ours is interesting.
Im staying in the trailer as ours has living so no kipping on the floor
smile.gif
. My mums going too and there is only 12 horses in total, so not too busy but havent got a clue as to how many specatators will be coming along.
Im getting excited about it too.

Have fun at camp and give us an update when you get back.

_daisy_

Visit site
Well I think mine might be completely different to yours as mine is a Natural Horsemanship clinic. We got a discount for booking & paying early so its £120 per day plus extra £10 for your horse to stay there. So its costing a total of £650 for me to go and the same for mum. It runs from the Friday night to the Tuesday ight however we go over on the Thursday and come back Wednesday. It includes all feed for human and horse so we need for nothing!

WallisM

Visit site
Oh yeah yours is different, I am paying £160.00 but will need to take some food and extra money for pub meal.

Well it is money well spent in my eyes, I ain't going on holiday this year so I thought what else is better than going away for a weekend with my horse !
grin.gif

wink.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
yes it is money well spent - there are 2 Silversand trainers coming over from the USA - Steve and Irena Halfpenny? have heard good things about them and their training but never seen them at work.

Im classing camp as my holiday - cant afford a holiday after that plus all the money being spent on having Willow away on livery! I agree with you with what is better than going away with your horse and the best thin gis you are going to be doing and learning laod together.
I hope we enjoy it as much as we think we will. Hopefully we will learn lots and be able to put it into practice when we get home.