Anyone going to the National Equine show next week?

Fjord

Visit site
I managed to get free tickets when they first came out, and have persuaded my husband to come with me. I don't what to expect (apart from the shopping), I have no idea if I'll get to see any of the talks or not. Anyone else going?

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Yes going Sunday. We went last year too. I think there is more shopping this year and looks like a lot more talks. It was good but take food with you unless you want to be ripped off big time and be prepared to stand a lot as they had hardly any seats! The talks have seating but sometimes they were full so I’d plan what you want to see in advance and head for the seats in good time x

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I got free tickets and am going on Saturday. Not been before but as I didn’t get to YHL I thought I would try this for a change. I haven’t worked out exactly which talks I’m going to yet and shopping wise I will mostly wander but I would like to look at saddles.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
🙋🏼‍♀️ Going on the Sunday. Went last year too, it was quite cramped but looks much larger this year. It's kind of like YHL before it got to expensive for the smaller retailers to go to. Much less samey than YHL also I've noticed that BD, BEF and other big organisations are there whereas they haven't been at YHL for a while so that's interesting. Doubt I'll watch any of the talks but I never do at YHL either. Hoping to see some new ideas and small independent type things 😊

dottylottie

Visit site
going on saturday, don’t even know what the talks are i’m only going for the shopping!😂 got a few things on my “wishlist” so i’m hoping i can find some bargains, and i’m being good by only looking for things i need, whereas at YHL i allowed myself to be indulgent😂

Roxylola

Visit site
I'm going on the Saturday. Hoping to pick up a truly waterproof coat (that's not an equidry or similar). I went last year and it was a pleasant day out

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I was going too but have decided against it as no displays - just some talks and shopping - its a 3 hour drive! I'll wait for the shopping until Badminton.
It is but we thought it was quite good when we went last year, talks were great. I’d not drive 3hrs for it but we are closer.

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
Just had a look at the website and some of the speakers are rather odd choices - they seem to have gone down the ‘influencer’ route and are giving people with very little experience and no proper qualifications a platform.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Just had a look at the website and some of the speakers are rather odd choices - they seem to have gone down the ‘influencer’ route and are giving people with very little experience and no proper qualifications a platform.
Yes that is how it was last year....I think it is a case of who they can get as they are a new show...Charlotte Du Jardin is there though!

I'm sure as it gets bigger they will draw a different calibre of speaker...