Anyone going to Your Horse Live?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I went yesterday and thought the demos were lousy. Badly thought out and should have been better. The shopping was substandard and not many good bargains as I loathe Le Mieux. We left early and never done that in the many years I have been. Won’t bother going back.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Ive been today. Watched a couple of demos, did some shopping. Started out fairly quiet but quickly got busy. They did check my covid pass. A lot of the regular stands missing which is understandable. It was ok, hardly anyone wearing a mask and no social distancing but I did have a nice day.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
We were surprised how few people were wearing masks and it was packed at lunchtime ! I wandered through each hall then went back to coco to wait for our demo slot - we would have hung around the shopping a lot more if masks had been more common - we were the only ones?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
We were surprised how few people were wore masks too. We did as the people behind us in the demo's plus we had empty seats next to us.

We had morning Standard Plus tickets & really enjoyed the demo's. Particularly loved Ben Atkinson liberty display & very impressed Oliver Townend not only rode a young horse he'd never sat on before but was able to to be chatty & entertaining at the same time!

I had always planned to leave early so didn't fit in loads of shopping but got some new riding gloves, worm egg counts & horse treats.

Hàd a great day all in all though :)

Last edited:

Mary3050

Visit site
Can’t agree more the lack of mask wearing was pretty poor even from the stewards etc . We wore our masks all day . Surprised at the amount of disorganisation was hoping ticket issue would be the end of it . I asked why they expected disabled people to queue with everyone else but only had one seat already in use . The reply I got was put a complaint in after the show . Yesterday they didn’t make us wait with everyone else . Also the displays in SEIB late morning afternoon where great shame they where ruined by the amount of people being let in although they said they wouldn’t !

Durhamchance

Visit site
I went on Saturday for the first time and really enjoyed it. It was very busy and was the first time I've really exposed myself to Covid, hopefully I kept myself safe enough.
I didn't buy a lot, most of my spending budget went on a crafty pony for my youngest with a full set of leather tack, a fleece rug, headcollar and bandages. They had a 'full monty' deal that saved about £15 on the website price.
The demos were entertaining, I saw Jonty Evans while getting a coffee and got to give Hovis a pat- perfect horsey day.
The biggest scandal was on the Horse Health stand. They had an abundance of Blackcurrant hat silks for £15 each- anyone who keeps up with matchy matchy will know that these are like rocking horse poop and go for silly prices on Ebay. It was hard not to buy one but we don't have a blackcurrant set lol

tatty_v

Visit site
We went on Saturday - really enjoyed the Ben Atkinson demo (9 horses at liberty ?!) and the Carl and Charlotte demo in the afternoon (first time I’ve ever seen them do a demo together). Shopping didn’t seem quite as good as usual but that might be because I didn’t *need* anything this year! It was definitely more spaced out, although no real mask wearing to be seen. However, I’ve become a bit more used to that having to travel into the office recently as I’m often the only one wearing a mask on the train ? we did at least have to show our Covid pass on entry.