Anyone good at confirmation?

JJ1987

Visit site
Just wondering if there is anybody that could help me with looking at confirmation of a horse? It's a pretty far trek if I went to see him and just didn't want to waste my time. He looks a good sort to me but didn't want to just post a pic on here, please pm me if you can help! It would be nice to get a couple of second opinions :p

JoBird

Visit site
Post away. There are lots of good people on here that can give you some pointers. By the way its "conformation" i.e. horse "conforms" to standard. :)

JJ1987

Visit site
Lol thanks for the spelling correction, I think I had my late night sleepy head on ;) now I've figured out how to put a picture on here again I'll post it below and see what people think
TB.jpg

scrunchie

Visit site
Post away. There are lots of good people on here that can give you some pointers. By the way its "conformation" i.e. horse "conforms" to standard. :)

Dammit! I was just going to post "yes." :p

As in I am good at confirming stuff. :D

*watches tumbleweed blow past*

Never mind. The moment has gone. *sigh*

I'm not very good at conformation but you might want a pic where the horse is standing more squarely.

JFTDWS

Visit site
By the way its "conformation" i.e. horse "conforms" to standard. :)

awww I was going to say the OP would be better to seek a priest for confirmation than a horse forum :D Sadly you got there first :p

I won't comment on confo as there are better placed people to judge than me though :eek:

Fauvea

Visit site
Lovely horse, he looks a bit above at the knee and a tad bit built downhill to me. The shoulder could have more slope.
Is it a thoroughbred?

JJ1987

Visit site
Thanks for all your comments. Yes he is a TB just coming up to six. I'm desperately trying to tell myself I do not have the money but he seems a really nice sort and a perfect project pony for the price
Probably not the place to ask people to talk me out of it :p

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The hindquarters are nearer to the camera than the shoulders.

However, I don't see anything that would put me off viewing the horse. :)

Go and see him. :D :p

Jesstickle

Visit site
He's perhaps a tad downhill but an awful lot of TBs are.Aside from that I think he's a nice stamp of horse and there is nothing there would stop me going to look.

Sorry, I know you wanted dissuading but he looks like a nice horse so I think you should go look :p :D

JJ1987

Visit site
Argh not helping at all! I definately do not have the cash, no matter how much I crunch the numbers, but really annoyed because he's just the horse I want at the moment and I'm sorely tempted to at least go and have a look at him now :(

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Anyone who wants to buy a horse like this can find out the trainers name off the Racing Post website and phone up and ask a bout him, if you explain you are an amateur novice rider, they will usually say something off-puting.
Best to get a re-trained one suited to your abilities. Don't go, just put it down as a pipe-dream and concentrate on getting a better paid job.

cronkmooar

Visit site
Argh not helping at all! I definately do not have the cash, no matter how much I crunch the numbers, but really annoyed because he's just the horse I want at the moment and I'm sorely tempted to at least go and have a look at him now :(

And people wonder why sellers get exasperated by time wasters!

JJ1987

Visit site
First of all, I don't need to concentrate on getting a better paid job, I love the work I do and wouldn't change it for the world - it's all about saving money and sorting out my budget for the future. Second of all, I never mentioned anything about my riding capabilities so don't just assume I'm an "amateur novice rider" who needs to get a "re-trained one suited to my abilities" (some very demeaning comments coming from this poster!
Finally, how can you compare me to a time waster when I haven't even been to see the horse? I wouldn't go and see a horse for sale unless I was in a position to buy - I just wondered what people's views were as there was the opportunity for an associate to buy it on my behalf. It's amazing how quick people are to criticise you when all you've done is ask a simple question!!

Last edited: