anyone got a synthetic western saddle ?

crazyponys

Visit site
desperatly need a 15inch western saddle. please pm me a contact num and price if you have one for sale thanks
grin.gif

DuckToller

Visit site
How do you measure a western saddle? I have a sweet little one I bought on ebay and don't use anymore, but it's not synthetic, it's leather (well at least the bits on top are!). It fits my 11.2 and 12.2.

Tia

Visit site
You measure from the base of the pommel to the cantle; not from the horn.
smile.gif

Yes I have 4 cordura saddles, all with leather seats; all Circle Y's or Big Horns. Sadly I am probably too far away from you to make the cost of shipping cost effective. I personally don't like them for my type of riding but they are fine for people who don't ride for very long. My leather western saddles are far better than the cordura ones; but I guess lightweights do have their place in the market.

Honeypots

Visit site
I have an unused Wintec Western saddle in my shed. Not sure of the size...will check tomorrow. I think its quite big though.

Tia

Visit site
Yes the horn is located at the top of the pommel, generally the horn is a good inch, if not more, further away from where you measure to get the correct seat size, hence if you measure from the horn and your seller is measuring correctly from the base of the pommel, then your sizing will be wrong and you will have a saddle which is completely the wrong size for you.
smile.gif

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/howtomeaswes.html