Anyone got any experience of Sprollies?

Annette4

Visit site
I'll be honest I used Sprollie because I was too lazy to type both breeds ?

Although a first time owner she's very active (she's one of those people who runs, long distances, for fun!) and is interested in a dog for sports (agility is her first interest but I've mentioned flyball ?) and she's a sensible sort so is interested in the right dog as opposed to a type/breed/colour etc. I've known her walk away from horses who were above her capability and I do think she would do the same with a dog.

I know someone who has had a dog from the same rescue and although this friend is an experienced collie owners, they are still provided with lots of support and back up is there etc. I'd not heard of them until she adopted this dog and turns out two friends who don't know each other had found them quiet by accident.

I'll be sticking to hounds but despite my best efforts she's not convinced ?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
If she's switched on in terms of training and the dog isnt already kind of messed up I don't see why it couldn't work. As long as she knows it's not a breed combo to be taken lightly. My sprollie is only my second dog as an adult. I'd only been a dog owner for a year and a half when I got him... we had a smooth collie growing up and then I got the spaniel. I'm a reader though and went to training classes and got really immersed in the whole thing so by the time sprollie came along I'd done a lot of learning.

It's definitely a "that sounds like a bad idea but it does depend" kind of situation.

Reactions: TPO

Equi

Visit site
Runs distances for fun....well clearly she is bonkers herself!!

Are you able to tell us any more about the actual dog?

whirlwind

Visit site
Mines no bother but would be in a diff environment! Works sheep, rides with the horses, does agility and flyball and runs after the quad all day and she’s fairly peaceful if she comes in onto the sofa in an evening! Any less and I suspect not the case ?

Attachments

• AA46B42D-F184-4D45-AFBA-6BEF41D81881.jpeg
    AA46B42D-F184-4D45-AFBA-6BEF41D81881.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 5

PapaverFollis

Visit site
?

Mine would do anything to avoid getting muddy usually. His inner spaniel occasionally takes over but mostly he would like to go for nice tidy walks along nice tidy paths!