Anyone Had A Lesson With Scott Brash?

acorn92x

Visit site
So, my birthday is in June and I'm notoriously useless at deciding on what I'd like gift-wise. My OH, the crafty devil, has taken matters into his own hands and has contacted Scott Brash (!!!!!!!!!!) about me having a lesson with him.

He had to come clean as I only share my pony (Sadly!), I'd obviously have to sort things out (EG: Transport and permission) with her owner but her owner is lovely so this shouldn't be a problem. Pony is a 13hh jumping machine (Also 17yrs old, not that you'd guess it, but we tend to stick at about 90cm but it'd be nice to work on more technical things as opposed to height and for me to improve the amount of control I have coming into fences as she can get a bit ahead of the game) so we'd have a great time I think and it'd be a brilliant opportunity for me to have a lesson with someone who, imo, is an awesome rider.

Has anyone had any lessons with him?

Thanks in advance :)

acorn92x

Visit site
Was it useful/worth the money and what was he like as a teacher? I suppose the useful part is subjective really haha but it'd be good to know whether you felt like it was positive overall :)

loobylu

Visit site
It was fine. He was nice but cant imagine we were that inspiring for him! Nothing revelatory but nothing I didn't agree with either. He clearly knows his stuff but for my level (that horse jumps 90/1M., I'm happy up to 1.10 on a few horses)I can get the same help for less. I suspect if you were doing serious stuff he'd be a super person to have watch you jump.
Was it useful/worth the money and what was he like as a teacher? I suppose the useful part is subjective really haha but it'd be good to know whether you felt like it was positive overall :)

Jnhuk

Visit site
He is a really nice guy and it was a group lesson with my local RC for team training a good few years ago now but I actually didn't learnt anything as he never really commented much on what we were doing.