Anyone had experience of shoulder injuries (horse not human)?

boxcarhorse

Visit site
My horse is very slightly, intermittently lame on a circle on the outside fore. After much investigate the vet & physio have diagnosed shoulder lameness, either through a muscle injury or a ligament strain. He's now on restricted exercise, just hacking in straight lines for a couple of weeks - then re-assess.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar. And if so, what the treatment was and how well did your horse recover?

Thanks in advance.

cptrayes

Visit site
Same symptoms and diagnosis a d treatment. Better and back to full work in 3 months with no further issues. Good luck.

Spartu

Visit site
My TB had plenty of shoulder issues cause he was over the knee on one leg and had different conformation that caused shoulder problems. He would get lame after sharp turns, tripping and was lame on the circle just like your horse. What really helped him and only thing that did was a correct exercise. My trainer took it slow with him, first building muscles and topline in the walk, with a bit of trotting, then gradually added some canter here and there. She made him even on both sides, and put tons of muscle on him. And he never took a lame step again. But we watched to bend him nicely, don't do extremely small circles and warm him up and cool off well. After you build enough muscles on his shoulder, I'd recommend long and low riding at least once a week and after heavy work out and leg yields for a start. You should box rest him for 2-3 days, then walk in hand for 2 days and if he's calm lounge him, trot only, if he gets excited then some walk/trot under saddle. Good luck!