Anyone have a horse by Limmerick or Beachball?

NicoleS_007

Visit site
Reason for asking is because we are going to look at
a) 3yr Mare by Limmerick who is apparently very quiet!!
b) 3yr gelding by BeachBall who is apparently quiet but reason for sale is it wont make top level comp horse.
But have been told Limmericks are sharp and difficult (by Only_me on here and a friend at the yard) but i want someone to say there wrong :p ... and i wanted to know if Beachball offspring make good eventers?

K27

Visit site
The breeder who bred one of my horses in Northern Ireland uses Limmerick a lot I believe, he breeds top level showjumpers and eventers, It's possible that my horse has some "Limmerick" in his breeding,he can be very very sharp- but has the sweetest temperament you could imagine, no malice or a bad bone in his body!

only_me

Visit site
lol, well you know my opinion :p

Limerick breeds sharp horses - but good ones, usually with quite a lot of talent.
However, I do think thath they are more professional horses, and quite a lot I know do not do well with an amateur (no offence I hope!) and as a "fun" horse :) They are very intelligent, but this can also be a downfall :p

They are talented, but can be stupidly sharp - I rode my friends Limerick mare a while back, she was very useful in clearing the warm up arena ;) (millbrook btw)

Beachball Ive heard lots of good things about - breeds nice, sane sweet horses, with talent as well. Intelligent as well :)

Suppose its the same re:crusing - breeds very talented horses (if out of decent mares obs) but a professional horse, and usually a one rider horse :)

If you want one to have fun with and event I would go for the beachball, whereas if you want to compete pro and at the higher levels (2* above) see the Limerick one :)