Anyone Have A Husband/Partner In The Army? Or Joining?

armywag

Visit site
My fiancé is going to Sandhurst in September and just wondered if anyone is going through the same thing?

Its going to be hard being away from each other when your not used to it!

Anyone in the same boat ??
smile.gif

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
My brother is going in a couple of years, and my cousin has just passed out. so not exactly in the same boat, but similar. My cousin loved every minute of it he had a GF- still does, and they managed ok, but i beleive it was tough to start with...
sorry for lack of help etc. but you know
smile.gif

TicTac

Visit site
My husband was in the Royal Navy for 24 years!!! Yes it is tough but you do eventually get used to them going away and get into your own routine.........It is nice having my husband around now but I do sometimes wish he was off on deployment again!!!!

DW Team

Visit site
My husband is in the army(31 years!) married coming up 26 years on our 21st home! and I can't say it has got any easier as the years have gone on but having the horses has helped keep me sane at times. Luckly these days he is only away weeks at a time not months.

It is hard when they are deployed but if you are with the regiment the other wives can be a great help if you need them as you are all in the same situation so to speak. I have been very lucky to have been able to take the horses with me when we have been in Germany and blowing the cobwebs away on a good hack on the training area did wonders. Good luck.

rach1984horse

Visit site
My other half is in the army. It's not easy sometimes. He lives away from me and we only see each other for a few days a month. It's hard work but I wouldn't swop him for the world.

gails

Visit site
As above, my cousin is in the paras, and he has a young family.

I think it suits them, although they miss each other, it seems to work.

Good luck and prayers if you wish them

Molly01

Visit site
My husband is in the army and during the first year that we were going out together we only saw each other for 4 weeks due to him being away on different tours. After that I think we both knew that it was right and we got engaged not long after that!! It is hard when they are away but you do get into your own routine, what is going to be difficult the next time he is away is that we now have two children.

Good luck, it is a good way of life and the functions are particularly good!!

armywag

Visit site
Nice to hear your stories guys! Thanks!

Makes me feel a bit better!
smile.gif

What regiments are you Hunsbands / cousins / parners / brothers / dads in?!