Anyone have an Anshan/Jaystara horse?

Shantara

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has a horse related to my lovely mare?

15284078_10154794531347888_8795310160302172871_n.jpg

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ours (originally named Annie!) went on to breed so she has nieces and nephews too ;)
She was a slightly stressy type. She weaved and got upset if too much was going on.
I think she was a bit difficult to keep weight on but always looked amazing.
Pulled a few faces being groomed and was obviously very sensitive and tickly but never would actually kick or bite, it was like she hated being brushed but also knew she mustn't lash out but barely contained herself! We were all really fond of her.

Shantara

Visit site
Aww Annie! How lovely :D

Serenity is a funny lass. She is the calmest, but most highly strung horse I've met! I think she'll calm down though, there have been a lot of changes in her life! She's never really has turnout before, so to go from in 24/7 to out 24/7 will be a lot to take in!
She also got a little stroppy with being groomed, but I suspect that was down to being in season.

Shantara

Visit site
Is she recently retiring/retired?
Best of luck together :)

Retired in may :D I took her on a couple of months ago. Her previous owner did a good job with basic retraining (she was the one who raced her) but she's got a few "racing issues" left over, such as not wanting to stand at the block, but if I can get there with Ned, I can get there with her :)

Visit site
I've seen a couple of pics of her racing, but not her half brothers :D I didn't know she had any!

Your lass many years ago in Ireland. Not sure if you have seen these.

Shantara%202_zpsvjuh8cnk.jpg

Shantara_zpslzelnvrn.jpg

Captain Ocana - by Karinga Bay - Ran well enough, ran at the Cheltenham Festival a few years ago. I think he is still racing.

Captain%20O_zpsudl9ec7z.jpg

Darsi Dancer - By Darsi - still racing.

Darsi%20Dancer_zpssv7ytyl9.jpg

Visit site
Racingpost.com Gives you all of her race dates and places. You need to be a member to see relatives but if you know their names you can look them up too.

P2P.ie for some of their Irish point to point pics, again look up the name and you need to be a member to see more.

Plus I recognised the name Darsi Dancer as he races against some of our horses up north so knew where to find his pic lol!

Doormouse

Visit site
I rode an Anshan filly, 2 year old, many years ago when I was working in flat racing called Santella Katie. She was about 14.2hh at her wither and 15.1hh behind which made sitting on her on a Monday morning quite exciting! She was a sweet filly, I loved her but quite nervous and very weak and backward, she never ran as a 2 year old.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Im fairly sure that Alleged was a reasonably good racehorse. EKW may know more although I think he ran on the flat. I think you can watch videos of your horse racing if you log on to the ATTheRaces website and search her name. I did that when I owned an exracer, although my hubby used to say we needed a wide screen laptop to see him he was so far behind :(

Visit site
Alleged won the American Triple Crown 37/38 years ago. A crown he held up until last year when American Pharaoh won it. My Gray lads Maternal Grandsire is Alleged.

So yeah, Alleged was a very, very good racehorse :D

As was Anshan himself. Not in the league of Alleged but he won some nice races and was placed in even more. He was 3Rd in his Guineas and won at Royal Ascot in his time.

photo_jo

Visit site
She shares her maternal granddam with Rocky Creek who won at Sandown yesterday, he's been second in two grade 1's, and the potentially top class but ill-fated Tell Massini

Caol Ila

Visit site
Affirmed won the American Triple Crown in 1978.

Alleged won the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe in 1977.

Last edited: