Anyone have any horses related to the late Medoc?

Booboos

Visit site
I once rode a son of Medoc who was up for sale called Middlemarch IV. I absolutely fell in love with him, he had the most fantastic temperament ever and was lovely to ride, but his owner sold him to someone else despite the fact I was the first person to view and offered her the full asking price. I must have ridden him like a muppet!

Violet

Visit site
I got two homebred full brothers by him out of a TB mare.
A chestnut, 6 year-old, 16.2 hh and a 3 year-old dark bay standing 16.3+ hh at present.
Both are sporthorse type bred but having to sell the younger one as he is going to be to big for me to ride.

JoRitchie

New User
Visit site
I've just been looking through this and yes I have a 17'3 gelding by Medoc, he's dark brown a big softie, 9yrs old stable name 'Star' registered as 5 Star Medoc. Just started doing dressage on him, a bit hard work as he doesn't really know how to use his back end but we're getting better!

hayleyanderson

Visit site
Aw lovely, he's my welsh x's grand sire on his mums side, she's crossed with a thoroughbred. He is only 15.2 and we're going to our first dressage test this weekend so fingers crossed! He's rising 5 :)

D_Som

Visit site
Hello, I am fairly new to this forum but have just seen this thread.

I have a mare by Medoc. She is a grey, 16.3 full hanovarian. She has previously bred 2 foals before I owned her, all have the lovely floaty paces!!

sywell

Visit site
I bred Overstones Matisse 56 points eventing with Piggy French. Overstone Marquessa qualified for BE Nationals at Badminton.

rachyblue

Visit site
I have a Medoc baby, he was from the last but one season he was at stud, I think he passed away a couple of months after he was born.

He looks nothing like a Medoc though, takes totally after his mother who is by Regazzoni (Rubinstein). Daft as a brush. Friend of mine has his full brother who is a year older.

Mine will only make about 16.2hh I think but there are some at 18hh+

Last edited: