Anyone having issues with WB rug surcingles coming undone?

Atillathefun

New User
Visit site
Hello
I have been having trouble with Weatherbeeta rugs since they changed the surcingle material, they bend and then come undone. This has happened on every one of the 4 I have in the new style which are not very old & yet the ones I have that are years old are still fine.
They are on 3 different horses so it's not one doing something & they are all good with their rugs (touch wood :))

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have contacted WB and all they suggest is putting two rubber rings on to stop them coming undone!

Starzaan

Visit site
No PM so please go back to the place you bought the rugs. They can contact WB and get things sorted for you. Fixtures and fittings are covered by the 3 yr warranty on turnout rugs.

Louby

Visit site
Yes me :) I did contact them, they were very helpful but I tried the 2 rubber rings and it sorted the issue. I think the problem is the surcingle metal attachment is too long, the bit that goes into the keeper, if you get me,

Cowpony

Visit site
I've had this on a Mark Todd rug recently. The rubber rings broke too, so now I use a plaiting band and that works until it breaks......

maisie06

Visit site
Use the little rubber rings that are used for castrating lambs, pop them on the long metal bit and it stops the T shaped metal clippy thing from falling out!