Anyone heard of Ali Al Ameri?

lassie2626

Visit site
He is going to call me back :) my husband is going to kill me spending more money on my horse!!

Lol - oh well - its only money ! But im not giving up on my horse. I know there is something good going to come out of this. Lets know how it goes - do you have a lot of issues. Mine are a nightmare !

Grumpymoo

Visit site
I have recently spent a fortune on trying to help him with no luck! I'm very sceptical but I'll regret it if I don't try. My horse will not hack on his own at all. He will go so far and then just spin and try to bolt back to the yard. He has been with my instructor and getting worse. It would be amazing if he manages to help him as he lacks a lot of confidence.

What problems do you have with yours?

Samuelissimo

Visit site
I had Ali out and if you want to know overall what I thought of it, PM me. If you have a very specific problem - loading, failure to hack out alone, he can probably help that.

lassie2626

Visit site
:DWell that was certainly a very worth while experience for me and definitely for Paddy. Ali has been out twice and we have witnessed amazing results. I could see Paddy transform by the minute. He came into the arena in his usual manner – like a 10 foot tall giant – head a mile high, and by the end of the first session, his head was planked to the ground and was only interest in what he was being asked to do, instead of any scary monsters that may have been waiting to get him!! For loading, he is a different horse altogether. By the end of the second session, I was leading him in with no hesitation whatsoever. Me and my husband could not believe it. We have it on film and it really is remarkable. I knew there was something good in there waiting to come out. Its not going to be easy, as Paddy will always try to be dominant and I definitely will have to keep the work going with it. Its not a sticking plaster that Ali has put on – its more like he has started the rehabilitation work with me taught me a little bit of what it means to understand Paddy and his thinking. I am now on track with how I can make my life and his a little bit more pleasurable when we are together. And I now understand why Ali is a world class horseman. He is doing a national show in Australia next month so Im keeping my eyes open for any footage that maybe available on that.
A very satisfied Paddy owner now. I just need to make sure I keep it going……… that will be the hard part!!! :D

bings

Visit site
Im so glad Ali has been able to help you :D ,he really has an amazing gift with horses .Like you said its over to you now to continue the work :)
Keep us posted on how you get on :D

Samuelissimo

Visit site
It has been about 2 weeks since I had Ali out. My horse is quite rideable, I can hack alone or in company and he will load and travel after considerable work on my part. His biggest issue is being inattentive, not standing still and random, irritating shying when hacking. Ali did this sort of join up thing where the horse walks right next to you sort of follows like a dog at heel. So now I do this every time I work him, spend about 10min or so on the ground. I make him stop, do really sharp turns, reverse direction. He now will stand til I tell him to walk on (with leg) which is a big improvement. Ridden, I do lots of really tight turns (Ali teaches this very non-English elbow out technique so I only use with schooling) both directions. This seems to help horse focus on me and I do it when he is moon-gazing, and again it is helping a lot. I have to say horse does not attend to me with the zeal he attended to Ali, but this like Parelli, etc is probably to do with my body language in comparison to Ali. I did no loading work with Ali as it is not really an issue - although horse can be a stressy traveller - but when I loaded him last weekend I used the Ali technique (dog type of heeling thing) to load him and he travelled well, so maybe that helped. He can still be a stress head hacking, but this is manageable and not something I worked on with Ali. I would not say my horse was transformed, but was helped, and techniques are useful.

Archiepoo

Visit site
im really pleased for you Samuellisimo, how rideable was ur horse before? mine has explosive rodeo bucking and rearing right over so unsafe to ride at all ,im at the point where im looking for a reason that i dont put him to sleep-ive had him since he was a foal and its so hard to decide whats best for him

Samuelissimo

Visit site
Mine was completely rideable, just very inattentive, and somewhat spooky. He also paws at feed time and is ruining his feet/shoulder, but that is a somewhat separate issue and Ali didn't look at that (I am moving horse to quieter yard which Ali agreed was the correct solution). I have no doubt that Ali could get on your horse and make him go much better, but would you be able to do the same afterwards? As I said in my post, my horse worked better for Ali than me. My feeling for a nightmare, unrideable horse, you may need to have him seen several times, and I think Ali would concur, as he mentioned to me what he could do if he had a horse for a week. I am sure he would help, but would you get where you needed to in one session? Good luck!

lassie2626

Visit site
im really pleased for you Samuellisimo, how rideable was ur horse before? mine has explosive rodeo bucking and rearing right over so unsafe to ride at all ,im at the point where im looking for a reason that i dont put him to sleep-ive had him since he was a foal and its so hard to decide whats best for him

Hiya Archie - I was really impressed with both myself and Paddy today. Another very good day. Im feeling a lot more confident in what i need to do and 100% more confident in knowing that Paddy has it in him to be 'normal' and its just pure and utter dominance that it making him how he is. Ive studied some of the papers that Victoc sent me on and Im understanding a lot more where Ali is coming from. Paddy has had some very specific and intense issues to be fair, but i can see how my behaviour has actually compounded it. I feel that I have a new lease of life with this him, and am eager not to let Ali good work slip away. Im watching the video again tonight with some horse chums, and im sure they will get something out of it as well :)

It wasnt a cheap 2 days, but a fraction of what I have spent in total over a year, so I see that as a bargain. Obviously the proof will be in the pudding in a month or twos time, but so far Paddy seems to have learned a few lessons - but more importantly so have I, and its up to me to make this work!. His techniques are quite different to anything i have seen before - and they worked for me - so we are all delighted :)

lassie2626

Visit site
Could someone PM his charges Thank you

Hi there - Ali was not cheap. But when I total up my expenditure over a year - its all been money down the drain. The annoyance of paying trainers, and the basics didnt even get cracked has been the worse thing tho. His training made real sense to me and its been the only thing thats made a difference to Paddy. It all depends how bad your horse is really. Paddy was bad! Good luck :)

lassie2626

Visit site
Im so glad Ali has been able to help you :D ,he really has an amazing gift with horses .Like you said its over to you now to continue the work :)
Keep us posted on how you get on :D

Thanks Bings - I thought Paddy was at the end of the line - but he has just clicked with Alis methods - the penny has finally dropped. And Ali had just proved to me that Paddy is not a complete nutter after all!!! ;) (think its just me thats mad now!! Thanks for recommending him :)

midi

Visit site
Oh this is interesting thread! I remember stumbling across this guy on youtube yearrrrs ago and being absolutely memorized by his talent and his beautiful arabians.
I couldn't find nothign about him on the internet though back then, so glad I can now read more about him and his work.