anyone heard of this joint supplement?

_daisy_

Visit site
Mobiform?
sure thats what the vet assistant called it.
Well my vet has said that this would be a good supplement to give Ebi instead of Synequin.
So anyone heard of it or use it? Is it good?
Its going to work out a lot lot cheaper for me in the long run - £115 for approx 8 months supply instead of £135 for 3months

Tempi

Visit site
is it better than cortaflx - im thinking i might change Bloss onto something different. what are you guys using it for? just general mobility or a specific thing (like arthritis)?

brightmount

Visit site
I was prescribed it when my horse had intermittent lameness, which after a lot of investigation eventually was diagnosed as navicular. TBH I don't think mobifor has a lot of effect on navicular - we treated that with barefoot in the end, but the vet kept supplying mobifor under the insurance claim which has now expired, and I do think it helps with her general mobility.

Cortaflex is a totally different "recipe". The manufacturers state: "Cortaflex does not rely on the larger Chondroitin and Glucosamine molecules. Cortaflex is a unique formulation of the smaller key active isolates of Chondroitin and Glucosamine. These smaller molecules are absorbed in higher concentrations and stimulate the body's own production of Chondroitin and Glucosamine, resulting in a fast, highly effective product."

So when my mobifor runs out I may try Cortaflex to see if there is any difference. I used it on a previous horse several years ago who was very creaky, but we didn't keep him long enough to really assess if it was doing any good.

_daisy_

Visit site
PG, im going to be using it for Ebis ringbone. Hopefully it will keep her joints as good as they can be.
Just worked out how long the tub of Synequin is lasting and its only 8weeks a tub @ £135 =VAT and the mobiform is £115 (+VAT i think) for 8months. Its going to save me a fortune, i just hope it works as well as the Synequin. Suppose my vet wouldnt have recommended the mobiform if he didnt think it would work for her. Ill let you know how she goes on it.

monstermunch

Visit site
Just because a vet tells you about a product doesn't neccessarily mean that it is better than another one. Like most people in this world they have marketing deals with particular people. The best way to tell what is the best product is to read the label. The best product is going to be the one that provides the highest daily dose. i.e if synequin provides 1g of glucosamine a day and mobiform provides 2 g glucosamine a day that makes mobiform the better product regardless of price - if you see what i mean?
For joints the only three compounds that have substantial research backing them is chondroitin, glucosamine, and MSM, most other things on the label listed although they sound good actually don't have a significant effect on your horses joints i.e vitamin C, maganese etc have little or no scientific backing.
Stick to the three main compounds at the highest dose you can find and you will have the best product.
Hope this makes sense and is of some use guys!

Honeyb060674

Visit site
I'm using Superflex 5* powde1.6kgs lasts 120days and its only £46. Contains the correct dosage of all the active ingredients Monstermunch mentioned, ands its well recommended by friends. I wouldn't spend all that money on something unless I knew it worked
grin.gif

KE123

Visit site
Hi all. Has anyone tried pernamax from maxavita? Bill has been taking the tablets now for about six weeks and I'm really impressed at how quickly he is back up, happy and cantering about after months of painful swollen joints, I've even taken him off his Bute this week and he still seems really well. It seems to be a new product but I was wondering whether anybody knew about the company and if anybody else had had a similar experience?