Anyone in aldershot area?

madmav

Visit site
Just hoping for some local knowledge. If you were planning on living halfway between London and aldershot so that you could commute to a job on outskirts of aldershot and other half could commute to job in Bank, London, where would you suggest to make for a happy commute for both? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Bouncy

Visit site
Just hoping for some local knowledge. If you were planning on living halfway between London and aldershot so that you could commute to a job on outskirts of aldershot and other half could commute to job in Bank, London, where would you suggest to make for a happy commute for both? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Fleet is good for yards but I'm not sure about the train links to London. Farnborough would be good for both.

Bouncy

Visit site
Some parts of Aldershot are not too nice. I don't know the whole area well but if you find an area you're interested in I could probably give you some info

madmav

Visit site
Aldershot seems different from what I've researched tonight. Will see tomorrow...thanks for your offer bouncy.

X

xspiralx

Farnborough would be good, but you wouldn't want to live there, it's a bit of a dive! (I work there)

Woking or Brookwood would be better, both fast trains into London Waterloo and there are lots of yards around Brookwood - very close to Merrist Wood and Parwood for competing too.

Also very happy to give you any advice, I've lived, kept horses and worked in the area for about 5 years now.

chaps89

Visit site
Another happy to give more help if needed, lived in various parts of surrey for the last 4 years and commuted into different parts of london at various points in that time.
Would also recommend woking-easy run through to aldershot, nicer place to live and 27mins on the train to waterloo so probably a good middle ground for both of you plus lots of places for keeping horses nearby.

MCTM

Visit site
I live between Guildford and Aldershot so happy to help too. If you can afford it then somewhere nearer to Guildford would give good train connection to London and to Aldershot too. If OH doesn't mind a change of trains at Guildford then somewhere near Ash station (or Wanborough) is also worth a look.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
From Woking down line to Aldershot the properties get more cheap (not much, but definitely not as pricey as Woking upline to London).
Look in Brookwood, Ash areas as well as surrounding areas.
If needing horsey fix, Merrist wood and Parwood are pretty closeby, as also many livery yards of differing levels of 'opportunities'.
Happy to help out if you want info etc :)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
As a long time Hants/Surrey border resident, I wouldn't want to live in Aldershot or Farnborough personally. As Toffee says, Haslemere, Godalming that sort of area is lovely but very expensive. Ash is ok. Farnham is lovely too but a bit snobby. Well, a lot snobby :) Frensham? Or consider maybe a hop over the border to Crondall, Bentley, Alton? Gets a lot nicer the further you go, and still only just over an hour to Waterloo.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
do you have a reason for choosing somewhere between Aldershot and London/

I'm in Basingstoke, an hour from London, so the places on the train line are, fleet, Farnborough, woking

willowdoodle

Visit site
I live in Farnborough and it's not too bad, there are rough areas but thats the same with most towns around here. I live in quite a nice area, with quite a few yards around 10 mins away, and some closer. I'm close to transport, and the road i live on is nice, with a big field a couple of meters away and surrounded by woods to walk the dog.