Anyone in Gauteng, South Africa?

PaulineW

Visit site
We hope to visit family in Benoni this October. ?? Three of the group are horse riders, and we are looking to do a ridden safari day. Looking for recommendations within about an hours drive. Thanks.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
This is kinda tongue in cheek paulineW..but you wouldn’t want to ride horses on safari surely…they might attract hungry big cats to eat you and them….? But there might be places offering hacking over safe ground (well safe from big cats but the snakes and spiders will still be there..shudders)…..Look forward to seeing photos of your trip….

Starzaan

Visit site
Ahhh if only you were closer to Durban! My cousins runs beautiful horseback safaris in the Drakensburg mountains. I’ve been out with him a lot when I’m home and seen some really beautiful things.
I’ll ask him if he knows anyone nearer Benoni ?

PaulineW

Visit site
This is kinda tongue in cheek paulineW..but you wouldn’t want to ride horses on safari surely…they might attract hungry big cats to eat you and them….? But there might be places offering hacking over safe ground (well safe from big cats but the snakes and spiders will still be there..shudders)…..Look forward to seeing photos of your trip….
Ha ha, no it’s usually in game reserves without lions. I used to live there so not phased by snakes and ?

PaulineW

Visit site
Ahhh if only you were closer to Durban! My cousins runs beautiful horseback safaris in the Drakensburg mountains. I’ve been out with him a lot when I’m home and seen some really beautiful things.
I’ll ask him if he knows anyone nearer Benoni ?
Thank you. We used to live in Pietermaritzburg, so know Durban and the Drakensburg.