Anyone in North Yorks?

StrawberryFish

Visit site
I'm aware this is a bizarre request. But I am desperate.
I miss riding, but 3 young children means they were my priority. Now my youngest goes to nursery on a Thursday morning, I would LOVE to help someone out nearby.
Now I am not expecting to meet up with someone and ride, obviously, but would love to find someone with horses nearby, I would be happy to groom/muck out with a few to maybe be able to ride down the line.

Or even, if anyone competes around here, I have a 5 year old daughter who loves horses and I want to take her along to some shows etc and maybe someone needs an extra pair of hands, so I could help you while my daughter gets to experience being near horses (but obviously out of the way)
We are about 20 mins or so from Northallerton, not fussed about which discipline you are into, we like it all! X

I am aware that this is a strange request but I miss being a horse rider and smelling of straw and hay :( I smell like babywipes now, help me address the balance!

Sarah
X

StrawberryFish

Visit site
We are right off the A1, RAF Leeming.

Forgot to add any useful info to my post, I am 6'2" (well I was pre-3 kids, I think I have shrunk a tad) and weigh around 10stone, but am light boned.

I *was* a pretty good rider, not the best, I won't lie, but confident and competent and have ridden all sorts in my time.

Here is me before I got pregnant with my now 18 month old on my mothers 14'2" Dales mare:
(please excuse EVERYTHING that is wrong with this picture!!)

28a21089.jpg

LouS

Visit site
I'm in North Yorkshire, actually near Teesside Airport, but all I've got is a loopy 14.2 that I'm in the process of re-backing and a 15hh Welshie who I'm in the process of backing, he's not the most forgiving ride.

leflynn

Visit site
I'm too far north for you, but would have loved to have helped if I could.... Good luck I'm sure you'll find a way back to smelling of horse again :D

EQUISCENE

Visit site
You should put an ad on the board at Northallerton Equestrian Centre or on their facebook page, also Field House Equestrian Tack Shop they are all near you..

StrawberryFish

Visit site
You should put an ad on the board at Northallerton Equestrian Centre or on their facebook page, also Field House Equestrian Tack Shop they are all near you..

That's a good point, we drive past both of those most weekends.
we also use a tack shop in NorthA to get our chicken feed and it's such torture smelling the new leather!

JenHunt

Visit site
also, do catterick garrison still have a saddle club? they might be able to find someone near to you who needs a hand

or richmond equestrian centre

I'll also have a word with a lady i know near bedale who's OH is in the RAF to see if they know of anyone or if they'd be interested in some help.

Leadrope

Visit site
Hi
I'm at Catterick Garrison and would love to help as this happened to me too and I've now got two! I've PM'd you my details if it's not too far for you.

Also, the Garrison saddle club takes children from 5 years and as far as I know they have loan ponies but not sure 'bout horses. :)

Good Luck