Anyone in Northumberland!

fuzzymooch

Visit site
Hi, OH loves Northumberland and does a lot of work there. He'd quite like to move up before dd's go to school but i said we'd have to do some research first including looking into yards. Can anyone recommend any and give a ballpark price?

Don't really want to leave current yard but it's not totally up to me :).

Need stables, day turnout and hacking, school would be nice and really yard needs to offer livery incase i need to stay home with a sick DD or go on holiday. :)

Abi90

Visit site
Whereabouts? It's a big county.

Prices are cheap compared to the south. If you're around Alnwick.

Shipley Lane: lots of facilities. 2 schools, good hacking, year round turnout, full livery as an option. Cheaper than some of the surrounding yards as they own the land outright.
Hope Farm in Amble: big indoor, alright hacking, hold clinics, full livery as an option.
Townfoot: is a riding school with two schools but limited Avila I Litty, good off road hacking.
Alnwick Ford: only do full livery, excellent facilities as is a BE/BS/BD venue, more expensive to reflect this
Lane Farm near bedlington: good facilities, not sure ont he hacking, hold competitions and clinics, have full livery

There are others but can't think off the top of my head

Abi90

Visit site
I pay £333 a month for what is essentially full livery. Turn out, bring in, feet picked out, rugs changed, muck out, feed and haylage included. With a 20 x 40 and a 60 x 40 school.

Goldenstar

Visit site
As well the above
There's the Glantless lots of space sand school great hacking near to Alnwick Ford .
No help at all but you could find a freelance to help you .
Felton fence ( building new indoor? school atm )
My choice would be Benridge equestrian great yard in every way but they do have a waiting list and people rarely leave as it's lovely .
There's Todstead lovely well run yard but you would have to see if they are taking new liverys .
Todburn ,shows and clinics on site outdoor school lots of company to get to know people .
Further North there's Swinhoe Riding Centre lovely place the hacking will be fantastic .
There's Kimmerson as well .
There will loads of smaller ones and livery on farms as well those are off the top of my head on top of what's above .
These are all in east of the county hopefully someone come along soon who knows the west but there's a lot of horses over there and they all living somewhere
In the west there's Park End equestrian I don't know what they do in the way of livery but it's a lovely place run and I think there's one near there at a place called little Whittington there's a xc schooling course there .

leflynn

Visit site
Park end don't do livery at all

Benridge is lovely but not much grazing from what I've seen

I'm further south and pay £70 a week for full livery (mucking out/turnout/hay/basic feed no riding), good hacking, small school and grass paddock in the summer. There are a few ponteland/matfen in the south of the region, also North Acomb, Ovingham, Prudhoe - just depends on where you are and what you want!

fuzzymooch

Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply, oh drew a square in a map no father north than longframlington, no further west than Haydon bridge. To be honest we'll whittle t down further by finding nice yards and good schools for the kids. At the moment just doing the research. Cost will be a factor too, keep telling oh get a lot for where i am at the minute.

tashcat

Visit site
Leflynn and Abi90 - wow what excellent full livery rates!!! I'm so jealous! It would be at least another couple hundred more where I am!

Sarah_K

Visit site
Which area would you be thinking of moving to? Better schools tend to be either Morpeth (Go King Eddies!!!), Alnwick, Hexham or Ponteland. Unfortunately, house prices reflect that! Plenty of livery yards around those areas.

There's also Pigdon Stables near Morpeth. It's a bit further along the road from Benridge and there's a lot of bridlepaths near it. They did have a couple of boxes available last month and do full/part/DIY. Also have an outdoor school and x-country course (course might still be getting built). Will find out how much as niece keeps her pony there.

ETA: just seen the price from the end of last year. DIY inc stable, 24/7 all year round turnout, straw/shavings and hay/haylage is £165pcm.

Last edited:

shelleyshoe

New User
Visit site
Hi Goldenstar sorry to hijack but also looking for diy or grass livery within traveling distance of longhorsley, where is Todstead and do you have any contact info for smaller farms . Every where seems to be full with a waiting list