Anyone in Yorkshire that hunts? :o

xJalisco

Visit site
I'm new to hunting, never been before but I'm literally dying to go! Is there anyone in Yorkshire that hunts? Which hunt do you go to? & more importantly, do you want to show me the ropes this season? haha.

Many thanks in advance

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
I'm new to hunting, never been before but I'm literally dying to go! Is there anyone in Yorkshire that hunts? Which hunt do you go to? & more importantly, do you want to show me the ropes this season? haha.

Many thanks in advance

Try terrierliz on here, or look back at previous posts, there's a lot in yorkshire region that do hunt.

xJalisco

Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! JenHunt, I'm in South Yorks, Doncaster :D Do you know how long it would take me to travel roughly?

JenHunt

Visit site
ooohhh no idea... we're about half an hour north of the north side of york if that helps?!

but there's a few people do good hirelings in the area if you wanted to try hunting on a horse that's done it before, plus you wouldn't have to worry about trailing a horse all that way if he doesn't take to it!

our visitors tickets are £60 per day, or a 6 day ticket is £300. Not sure how much hirelings cost these days, but could soon find out for you.

horseywelsh

Visit site
xJalisco I am in your area.
I went out hunting for the first time (me and horse) last season. Having heard good reviews I went with The 4 Shires Bloodhounds, not my most local hunt but they are brilliant at looking after you and your horse, hunt over some lovely country/places (my local hunt doesn't have the best of reputations for these things, hence I avoided them!). They have an intro/newcomers meet from Chatsworth House, you get to ride all around the estate. This was my first time out and it was brilliant. There's always two fields, jumping and nonjumping but you can move between the two and plenty of helpful members on horseback/foot/quad. Another meet I went on which was fantastic was around Welbeck Abbey, Worksop. They have a few your way and some not too far away. Have a look at their website http://4shires.co.uk/ . There are photos on from alot of the meets last year.
It is likely I will be going to the Chatsworth one again, and a few others in the season so you would be more than welcome to tag along with me but like I say they realy are a friendly bunch and look after you. I have always gone on my own and been made very welcome.
PM me if you want anymore info.

xJalisco

Visit site
JenHunt that sounds promising! Thankyou very much & I will PM you if I need any more info :D

Horseywelsh, that's great news, Chatsworth isn't far, I'll check out the site! & the ride around the estate sounds really good, many many thanks :D

Kenzo

Visit site
There's Badsworth & Bramham Moor as well, I see you are near Doncaster so depending on which side you at, I'm at Askern side, I know of someone that does HH if you want their no for the coming season, as most hunts do, they will be a new comers day and welcome new members.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! JenHunt, I'm in South Yorks, Doncaster :D Do you know how long it would take me to travel roughly?
If you're Doncaster go with Badsworth and Bramham, they do a lot your way and out towards Pontefract and its great country. I'm hoping to be out for their Frickley meet but I'm not based with a Yorkshire pack anymore so can't buddy you!

xJalisco

Visit site
I've heard of the Badsworth & Bramham, so it's a start :p I live in Edlington, (a little embarrassing but I've no idea which side of Doncaster that is!)

EllieandGeorge

Visit site
I am in west yorkshire, i hunt with rockwood harriers which is local to me, but this season i am also going to hunt with badsworth and bramham as well, to introduce my young horse to hunting, rockwood isn't for the feint hearted!

MardyMare

Visit site
The Grove and Rufford are out Retford way, and the Readyfield Bloodhounds are around Notts/Worksop area and are always a cracking day.

I think Readyfield are out this Sunday - starting at Hewitt Arms (I think) in Shireoaks (near Worksop). Its my back garden for hacking and there are some fab fields ready for them :) Going along to watch as too chicken to take any of mine out lol :)