Anyone know anything about Trodden on feet?

winchester

Visit site
My 15h trod on my foot (will be three weeks on Sunday). Went to the hospital and they said its not broken and sent me home!

The trouble is now i still have the big lump in the middle of my foot and it doesnt seem to be going away! Have been competing with it but when i get boots/shoes on i am in pain when i walk!I am getting away with living in Ugg Boots for now as the only thing i can walk in!

DO you think i should go to my GP and get it checked out? Or just wait and see how it is in a couple of weeks?

foot.jpg

Groom42

Visit site
Good grief! Did he dance a tango on it at the same time? ;)
Is this a photo now, or three weeks ago? If it's now, I would be hot footing it to my GP. (excuse the pun!)

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Yep - go back to GP or a Walk in Centre. I left my leg on gate post two weeks ago while riding-swelled to double in size - went to Walk In Centre then A&E 4 days later - torn calf muscle. Carried on but work sent me back to Drs a week later - now have cellulitis in leg (infection of the skin) which is very hot and red. Morale is don't rely on one opinion if it seems to be taking a while to get better.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
The mare I had on lone a few years ago stood on my foot twice in twenty minutes (careless of me I know but the second time I was hobbling and couldn't get out of the way fast enough)
Anyway it swelled to enormous proportions and I couldn't weight bear so off I was taken to A&E. Xrays revealed it was not broken but very badly squished!
I couldn't get any shoes on for 6 weeks and spent my life in a taxi being ferried everywhere. I still (about 7yrs later) have a very tender spot on the top of my foot that hurts in some shoes.
Wouldn't hurt to have your foot checked again although I am not sure they will say anything different to last time :(
Hope it starts to get better soon
xx

winchester

Visit site
That picture was 2 weeks ago! Not as black but the big lump in the middle is - and huge! I competed at the weekend and asked the first aid to strap it up for me - they took one look and refused to do it and told me to get it x-rayed! TOld them i had but they said they wouldnt touch it! Getting a bit worried about it...

cobface

Visit site
Ouch!
My mare trampled all over my foot and broke my toe :(
Then she trampled on my hand when i fell off her and was lucky she didnt brake it

Sleepeeze_dad

Visit site
your a lucky girl,it could have been a lot worse ,it could have been my foot

Oh this isn't a laughing matter but this made me snigger.

Get it checked out again if it's left a lump in the middle of your foot. If it was just overall swelling i'd put it down to bruising but a single sticky out lump? awfull lot of tendons in your foot, just like a horses lower leg. Get it seen to.

Flicker

Visit site
Looks about the same as when my mare danced a jig on my trainer-clad foot (yeah, stupid for wearing trainers, I know).
It wasn't broken, but it was at least 8 weeks before I could get in anything other than a ballet pump for work and muck-boots at the yard (even had to withdraw a show entry because my show boots were too painful to get on).

Earlier this year, my new horse hopped onto my foot. It was nothing like the pain of the first accident (I had riding boots on this time) and initially seemed to heal quite well. Then it just reached a point where it stopped getting better (a bit swollen and tender but nothing really serious). Now, I have a numb lump of bony growth where his hoof made contact and my Doctor OH says that I've probably actually broken the bone and it has mended itself and that's pretty much how it will stay for ever...

Matafleur

Visit site
You must get it looked at again. Have you been elevating it at all?

I had my foot jumped on last year, xrays etc showed not broken so off I went hobbling around, going about my business. A week later I was starting to get tingling in my toes so went to Docs who sent me to the fracture clinic. Had more xrays and a funny scan thing, not broken but was told that the skin on top of my foot was very close to dying off (due to pressure from swelling) meaning I would need skin grafts to sort it. Had to go home and keep foot elevated above heart level for 2 weeks.

Consultant was very angry that i had been walking around on it. PLEASE get it seen to again! Just because it's not broken doesn't mean you can't do serious damage to it.

gadetra

Visit site
Yikes that looks sore.
One of mine stood on my foot 4 wks ago.
Went to doc 2 wks after it happened as I was still lame and said it's not broken so I just got on with it. There's still a pretty impressive lump in the middle of it but it's grand really. These soft tissue things take ages to heal. I'm just giving mine time :)

sally87

Visit site
hi,
that looks painful! its quite possible that the x-ray may have missed a break, its quite common for a hairline-type fracture to not show up on an initial x-ray so i think you would be sensible to get it checked out again. the best thing you can do in the meantime is rest, ice & elevation. using a tubi-grip type support may also help to reduce the swelling but it must not be too tight & you mustn't sleep in it. dont apply the ice pack (or a bag of frozen peas) directly to the skin, wrap it in a tea towel first! also taking ibuprofen may be helpful as it is anti-inflammatory as well as a pain killer.
if you dont want to go to A+E then see your gp ASAP but if you get any change in sensation or drastic increase in pain then A+E is a neccesity!

good luck & i hope it gets better soon

Sally

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
hi,
that looks painful! its quite possible that the x-ray may have missed a break, its quite common for a hairline-type fracture to not show up on an initial x-ray so i think you would be sensible to get it checked out again. the best thing you can do in the meantime is rest, ice & elevation. using a tubi-grip type support may also help to reduce the swelling but it must not be too tight & you mustn't sleep in it. dont apply the ice pack (or a bag of frozen peas) directly to the skin, wrap it in a tea towel first! also taking ibuprofen may be helpful as it is anti-inflammatory as well as a pain killer.
if you dont want to go to A+E then see your gp ASAP but if you get any change in sensation or drastic increase in pain then A+E is a neccesity!

good luck & i hope it gets better soon

Sally

this^^^^
a 17hh horse landed on my foot, and I bruise massively - I had a small fracture, and mine was nowhere near as swollen as that, and I am well known for marking easily!
I think you probably have a fracture somewhere