Anyone know of sum1 who backs and schools horses in South Bucks area

Katd66

Visit site
After breaking my leg a month ago I have be re thinking my plans for my 2 1/4 yo danish warmblood x. I know it is a year off me sending him away but time flies by and I need to know how much money I should be looking to set aside.

I was planning to back him myself as I have done with all other horses I have worked with or owned - but he is going to be about 16.2hh so can't really risk having an accident/falling.

Ideally I would like to send him fairly local (South Bucks area) so I can visit him and see him progress. I think he is going to be quite good to back. He has been walked round in a roller and long reigned (lunge line off headcollar, thru roller and down his sides with someone leading him)once and both he was perfect with. He is very friendly and chilled but cheeky! Photo is of him when he was 2 yo in June.

Any ideas/recommendations on who is around that is good and how long they tend to have them and what do they do with them.

Thanks

28611_10150196727535125_833000124_12584776_3062083_n.jpg

Paddywhack

Visit site
What about Fred? You should see what a superstar Burt is; most chilled out laidback 4 year old, he is an absolute credit to him.

Would be good to get another dun on the yard again too :D

Where exactly are you ? My yard manager is fantastic with young horses !!! She got the patience like a saint and uses natural horse man ship and her horses are the best mannered horses i have ever seen. She is firm but very calm with them !!!

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
What about Fred? You should see what a superstar Burt is; most chilled out laidback 4 year old, he is an absolute credit to him.

Would be good to get another dun on the yard again too :D

Meant to add, he will be doing Bailey next Feb/March time. Having been there before and seeing how he works surely it is better to go with someone you know who is a known quantity and local?

He has had a few come and go recently and all have been amazing with him :D

spider

community.webshots.com
Obviously Fred, or Caroline at Hunts Hill. I have seen her break and school a few and she is very good. I think timewise it depends on the horse and how far you want them taken.

Katd66

Visit site
I know Fred is very good with youngsters but not sure how it would work with him being a friend.

As I have backed all my previous horses myself I have my own ways I like things done. But now I have broken my leg and Ted i think is going to make about 16.2hh I dont think I can risk a fall from that height while backing.

So thought it may be better to go to someone different who i don't know but has a good reputation and I can be fairly confident he will turn out well.

I was thinking about Caroline - I know she has produced some fab horses. I might speak to her.

Thanks for other suggestions - any others??

Katd66

Visit site
Where exactly are you ? My yard manager is fantastic with young horses !!! She got the patience like a saint and uses natural horse man ship and her horses are the best mannered horses i have ever seen. She is firm but very calm with them !!!

Where are you based?? I don't know why but I think he is a bit of a ladies horse so would quite like a female to back him! Is that daft??

CharlyOscar

Visit site
Toby Mynard of the Leckhampstead Stud is really good!! He has and does break difficult horses and their yard is very well suited for young horses. He breaks horses for Sophie Tobin, Ronnie Dawes and many other people.
Contact numbers are: 01280 812230 / 07977 009350