Anyone know yards in Southhall/ Osterley/ Hounslow SW London?

maggie123

Visit site
I was having a bit of a nosey around Osterley/ Southall a few weeks ago and I came across a small yard which I think had a sandschool out the back (peering through a fence so can't be certain!) Was round the back of Osterley park (Southall size not Isleworth side) There was a horse in one of the boxes but the gate was shut an nobody was about. Doing some googling think it might be called Norwood green stables? I know there are a few people offering grass livery around there but have never heard mention of a yard - might be a dealer or small DIY/ private yard?

Grew up not far from Hounslow and thought I knew all the yards in the area but never come across this one - anyone got any info? Pure curiosity really and thought someone here might know of it?

amycamycamyc

Visit site
Monty&Zoom on here is the person to ask about this - she kept her two horses at Osterley until recently and her friend was at that yard you describe i think - worth PMing her...

tedster

Visit site
I know it Just down the road from my horses
Its been there for years used to be Norwood Green Livery Stables.. later became a riding school for a short while. then went back to livery, locals know it as Gloria's.
It has stables and a sand school (very small odd shape) Sadly though I heard the stables have been sold and will be pulled down and Built on.

Im not sure what is happening with the fields , I think they may still do grass livery not sure if she is taking anymore horses now. :(

maggie123

Visit site
Thanks for the info - such a a shame another urban yard is going :( Do you keep yours in osterley then? i nver know how many land owners there are there or if its grass livery or private. i know the land inside osterley Park is but all the fields just outside Ive never managed to contact! where do you keep yours?

Last edited:

tedster

Visit site
Thanks for the info - such a a shame another urban yard is going :( Do you keep yours in osterley then? i nver know how many land owners there are there or if its grass livery or private. i know the land inside osterley Park is but all the fields just outside Ive never managed to contact! where do you keep yours?

Mine are at Warren Farm on Near Osterley Park, I rent the land, There are not many fields or stables about now in the area, theres us, osterley park and a couple of private places down Osterley lane, It is such a shame. Do you have a horse, where is yours kept?

maggie123

Visit site
Lucky to find land that close to london! My girlie is currently at a livery yard in cobham but we've been all over surrey and sw london in the last 10 years. I live in Richmond and would love to have her close to me but my local yard are far too much money!

tedster

Visit site
Lucky to find land that close to london! My girlie is currently at a livery yard in cobham but we've been all over surrey and sw london in the last 10 years. I live in Richmond and would love to have her close to me but my local yard are far too much money!

We are lucky and I only live over the road.. but having horses in London has its downfalls, mainly the hacking is awful, and we are in the emissions zone so have a very old Horsebox to comply lol it does the job, we do lots of sponsored rides so we can get out and ride somewhere nice :) If youre in the area again pop in and say hello :)

Richmond prices for livery are so exspensive but I suppose you pay for having th park on your doorstep! We actually hack to Richmond Park though !

maggie123

Visit site
Yeah london hacking can be hairy, i used to ride from hampton court through kingston to richmond Park and back down the tow path - lucky my girl is good in traffic! Will Def say Hi if Im in the area - i dont suppose you've room for a grass livery by any chance, your location would be perfect! ;)

GSXRAng

New User
Visit site
Hi I’m new here and looking for livery in this area hence the old thread appearing.

Tedster if you are still on here could you let me know if there is any room at WF or anyone in Osterley.

Thanks

Traceyw13

New User
Visit site
Hi I’m new here and looking for livery in this area hence the old thread appearing.

Tedster if you are still on here could you let me know if there is any room at WF or anyone in Osterley.

Thanks
You could try ringing Osterley, you need to talk to Kay Sutton at the farm shop, 0208 560 6580