Anyone near Liskeard?

Starzaan

Visit site
We are moving to St Cleer in the next month or so, and I’m looking for horsey people in the area. My two horses will be staying on full livery in Hampshire for the time being, but would love to maybe look at joining a local riding club, getting out hunting, and just getting to know the area.
Anyone in this sort of area?

Snowfilly

Visit site
Not a million miles away, I’m down near Truro. But all my links are south of me so not much use!

It’s a lovely horsey area, I think East Cornwall riding club might be your closest?

There’s also Liskeard Town Show which is a great one day agricultural show with classes for everything and anything, equine and not.

rowan

Visit site
There is Newquay Riding club, St Austell Bay Equestrian Club, Tall Trees Arena, Dutchy Equestrian College they all have Facebook pages so worth having a look at them. Welcome to Cornwall such a shame the pub at the Minions just up the road from St Cleer burnt down at Christmas they did great food but still a lovely area to walk.

showjumpingharry

Visit site
Firstly, welcome to Pasty Land!!!

I'm basically the opposite end of Cornwall from you but we go all over the place! I was part of Cornwall TREC riding club and loved it, everyone was so friendly and inclusive and I ended up doing teams and things too. Most clubs use the same venues I've found, Colraine, Tall Trees and Duchy Stoke Climsland run BD, BS and unaff stuff all year round and Poldice and Pendarves does too but they're a bit further from you but still reasonably easy to get to.

Hacking wise, Cardinham woods is up that way and lovely and easy to park at. Same with Bodmin Moor and other places like that, and of course you've got the beaches too. Hunting, North Cornwall would probably be close to you, and Fourburrow have days up that way too. It's lovely down here, I hope you enjoy it! X

vhf

Visit site
If you do Faceache, there's Cornwall Hacking recommendations; Riding Routes in Devon and Cornwall; Equestrian Events in Cornwall Devon & Somerset and Cornwall Show Guide pages that will help you make connections and see what's what.

Starzaan

Visit site
Thank you so much. I’m looking forward to it!
we’ve got a major renovation project to tackle, so my boys will be staying put for the time being. I’m hoping I can still get a horsey fix and maybe get involved with some volunteering in the horsey world to get to know some people ?

seamoth

Visit site
I also live near Truro so quite a long way from you but as you can imagine Cornwall is a huge horse area and I'm sure you'll find people doing pretty much what you like doing. Cornwall Hacking is a very good site and you will have quite a few Arenas around you. Welcome to Cornwall.

w1bbler

Visit site
About 30 years ago I used to ride at a stable in St Cleer/minions. I remember it being fabulous hacking country. Sad to hear the pub has burnt down, all rides ended with cheesy chips & a pint.
Sorry, no help on what it's like now (other than I assume it's still amazing galloping country)

j1ffy

Visit site
My mum lived near there until a couple of years ago and a friend has just moved to the area and is loving it. Bodmin Moor is a fabulous place to hack - I used to go hacking here and it was fabulous, lots of long canters and up / down banks, very little hanging around and all nice hunter type horses: http://www.lowertokenburyequestriancentre.co.uk It might be worth a visit before your own horses join you :)

Starzaan

Visit site
This is all very promising, thank you all. We will be very rural, on the edge of Siblyback Reservoir, which I love. Im looking forward to exploring and maybe getting involved with the hunt ahead of my boys coming to join us ?