Anyone ordered from Derby House recently?

WelshD

Visit site
I notice that every email I get from DH nowadays stresses that the goods on offer are all in stock and ready to go

Has anyone ordered recently that can comment on whether they got their order please?

Dizzleton

Visit site
My friend ordered from them a couple of weeks ago and she still hasn't received her goods. It's the usual excuse - we're moving warehouse, we'll post them tomorrow, they're coming into stock soon..

I refuse to order from them, no matter how good the 'deal' is

GLW

Visit site
I ordered in early September and all the goods had turned up by the end of September (in 3 or 4 deliveries like!). They also emailed me a dispatch note when each part of the order was sent out, which was reassuring.

However, I placed another order at the end of September (because I hoped the previous order was a sign of change rather than a one-off) and I cancelled that order yesterday because nothing had yet been dispatched so I ended up buying elsewhere.

So... mixed results and this probably doesn't help at all! Sorry

Vanha12

Visit site
Friend ordered a few weeks ago and I know was having real problems with the order not arriving - personally I would steer clear - there are plenty of others with good deals out there.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
I ordered 4 rugs. 2 came about a month after I'd ordered. 1 came about 2 months after I'd ordered. 3 months after ordering I finally have a refund for last rug. They said they aren't getting any more in despite having the same rug but a different weight on their website advertised as new autumn line. Now at £80+.
If your paying full price for an item you may be ok but think any sale/offers is pot luck!

WelshD

Visit site
Thanks

I ordered some rugs in the 2 for £25 deal and got all of them fairly promptly but know lots of people didnt

I was hoping the closure of the shop part of the business meant they were going to get the mail order stuff right and with the recent emails stressing that all items are in stock I was hoping things would be better

Still...I am four nice rugs richer for my last gamble but I think I will probably quit while I am ahead!

magicmoose

Visit site
I learned the hard way that you really only get what you pay for. (If it arrives at all!) The clips on the leg straps of the "bargain" rug both snapped within a week and six months later the whole thing is leaking like a sieve.

I wouldn't bother ordering from them again, even if they sorted out their delivery issues.

Vetwrap

Visit site
I broke my own golden rule and ordered from DH recently. The whole order did arrive, which was a couple of bags of treats, some arnica gel and a mane detangler spray. The only downside was the poor packaging meant that the whole lot was covered in arnica gel from the pot breaking in transit.

I had heard that they are going out of business, but I don't know if that is the case or not. Either way, I personally wouldn't risk spending anything that I couldn't afford to lose. JMHO

whizzer

Visit site
I risked it recently with some mega reduced cheap breeches,took 2 weeks to come but wasn't in a rush. Also ordered a new woolly hat for winter, still waiting for that but as long as it's here when weather gets cold I'll be happy. Wouldn't risk spending a fortune with them though!

Alchemy

Visit site
My friend recently ordered some clippers from there was told a lot of BS and promises that they where being distaptched but she rang them got cross and sdid get her money back but like me and a lot of my friends we would never use DH.

I also heard they had financial difficulties

NativePonyLover

Visit site
I've always had good service from DH & based on my experiences, would use them again.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I've always rung to place an order.

Polos

Visit site
I'm still waiting for one of my items from the 2 for £25 offer! I bought 4 things and they each arrived separatley over a long period and I'm still waiting for my last item :( My mum ordered some boots from them about a month after I placed my order and they literally have just arrived. I'm not holding out much hope :(

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Why does no one search for threads on this company? Everytime Derby House is mentioned the problem of unreceived orders, stuff out of stock or having to wait for months orders to arrive is the cornerstone of the replies.

It's not worth the hassle, just order from a reputable online company. You may not save as much as from Derby House but at least you'll receive the items.

gardenoftrees

Visit site
I ordered in September. A couple of small things arrived and after 2 weeks I cancelled the rest as they were the things I needed. I then ordered from Viovet and for only about 5% more everything arrived in 3 days. Guess where I placed another order yesterday?

lucyrebecca94

Visit site
When ever I seem to order from them my order takes weeks to arrive I usually buy all my little bits either from ride away (who have an offer on Weetherbeeta rugs at the moment) or just pop to my local countrywide store :)

BlackRider

Visit site
I ordered some clippers a couple of weeks ago, that where a brilliant offer, they've not arrived yet, but are due in to them next week.

I'm happy to wait as it is a good offer, as long as they arrive in the next month I'm ok with that.

Anna*

Visit site
I ordered a rug a couple of weeks ago and it arrived 3 days later. Much quicker than I was expecting. I was quite surprised given all the bad reviews...but a half price mark todd turnout was too good to resist!

WelshD

Visit site
Why does no one search for threads on this company? Everytime Derby House is mentioned the problem of unreceived orders, stuff out of stock or having to wait for months orders to arrive is the cornerstone of the replies.

It's not worth the hassle, just order from a reputable online company. You may not save as much as from Derby House but at least you'll receive the items.

It is possible for a company to turn things round - given the closure of the shop and the assurance that sale items were in stock it could be that they had pulled their socks up. Thats why I asked if anyone had placed a recent order

muffinino

Visit site
OH ordered short boots and field boots for me last Wednesday. Short boots arrived today (or maybe yesterday, if they were what was waiting at the PO today). I'm praying the field boots turn up because they're the brown ones I've been wanting to go with my tweed for ages!