Anyone own a Cleveland Bay?

yeeharider

Visit site
My unbacked just turning 4yo was £3k 8 years ago, got him knocked down to £2.3k.. His unbacked sister was £2.6k 6 years ago..

I know of just backed 6yo for £5k though, exceptional talent and fab breeding and 3 yo for £3.5 plus..

Depends what you want really and what your budget is..

Mine was a bargain £1500 as an untouched 3year old, bought him to sell on but 12 years later I still have him, would not change a day I have enjoyed with him. This year showing as a veteran :D:D

Lynnskatz

Visit site
I use to own a pt bred Cleveland bay mare, bought her as a 6 month old and sold her at 4 years old, she did very well with new owner and im sure she qualified for HOYS too :)

Jo-Strange-Belmonts-Altered-Image_Amber.jpg

AJ & Kiz

Visit site
I have a cbx Hanoverian she is worth her weight in gold to me i love her dearly and wouldnt change her for the world!! she has an amazing jump :). Someone on her is selling a cb gelding maybe worth talking to her if your interested :) x

Happy Hunter

Visit site
Hi All,

Just wanted to shamelessly 'plug' the website:

http://www.southernclevelandbayclub.co.uk/

We would love to see some more keen members like you all - Articles for the website gratefully recieved! :D

P.s. I hope no-one mis understands the word 'plug' - The Southern Cleveland Bay Club is a club solely designed to promote the breed and its great attributes! We are not a commercial entity!
We have shows and social occasions really just to get together and compare Cleveland news! :D

Last edited:

moodymare1987

Visit site
I had a cb x and he was an absolute saint. 17.2 but really couldnt have asked for a better horse. Would try his heart out at anything you asked. Looked after the little kiddies. He was quite laid back but certainly had his spirited moments which were harmless you just knew he was enjoying himself.

ThePony

Visit site
Hi All,

Just wanted to shamelessly 'plug' the website:

http://www.southernclevelandbayclub.co.uk/

We would love to see some more keen members like you all - Articles for the website gratefully recieved! :D

P.s. I hope no-one mis understands the word 'plug' - The Southern Cleveland Bay Club is a club solely designed to promote the breed and its great attributes! We are not a commercial entity!
We have shows and social occasions really just to get together and compare Cleveland news! :D

A brilliant club!! Massively recommend their show too, rather a haul for us but a wonderful day out to show off your gorgoeous bay creature and fab to catch up with others who love them too. I've never seen so many CBs in one place before!
They have their agm too where here you can catch up with news, annoyingly we missed it yesterday (bloomin OH work!).

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Anyone thinking of getting a CB or CB x can't do wrong in my books I'd have another in a heart beat.

Reading all the replies really summed up my lad who was a cross CB truely was my BEST friend, he certainly wasn't the easiest of horses to ride or handle he took mick out of you if you weren't sure so had to have kind but firm handle on him.
Pleasure to ride, not totally 100% out hacking alone as he would be on his toes and could get naughty... part of his personality though he was so lazy in the school unless you had a whip - you only needed to hold one... he knew it meant work time, threw the odd buck with excitement only, but my god they got BIGGER but never in a nasty way and so easy to sit to.
He was a total gent in all ways had his moments but we had a bond so strong noone could break he really was my horse of a lifetime and miss him HUGELY especially when he got fed up or moody would do his helicopter head ha ha ha but cuddles were great, he used to rest his head on my shoulder and literally rest it... damn it was heavy lol.

I was there for him every step of the way we went through so much together they are just so honest.

Love them :D

KSR

Visit site
Merlywerly you've made me cry.. I'm mum to 4 Clevies and a few other breeds x

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Ooops sorry :(

Merlin really was my horse of a lifetime everyday I think about him and keep wishing he was still here in body and not just spirit but hey ho!!

I love the CB's they are so mis-understood and shame they are a rare breed now they are such hard honest workers that love to be doing things and are a great horse to choose to do Allrounder activities.

Wish I could afford a full CB... maybe one day...keep saving them pennies lol :D :D

Charlotte R

Visit site
Does anyone have the contact details for The whippletree cleveland bays or The Cleveland Bay Stallion Carolina Boaz (2699)Breeder Mary Hardman of Stiperstones, Shropshire please?