Anyone own a shogun auto?

Peanot

Visit site
Hi, I've not been on here for ages coz i got quite addicted and had to read all posts n I'd be on here all night lol. Well, I'm falling off the wagon ;-)
I have an automatic shogun 3.2 05 plate, and I get about 300 miles to a full tank. I'm sure this is wrong as I used to get lots more from my manual. How many do you get from your automatic? Thanks in advance. :)

Tilda

Visit site
I have exactly the same car same age and everything and I get 400 miles to a tank however I have just had the camber of the back wheels corrected and am hoping I get a few more. Yours does sound low do you do a lot of short journeys?

Fjord

Visit site
I've got a 1.8 Shogun Pinin auto, the fuel efficiency is pretty bad! I only get about 300 to a tank. OH has a 3l Shogun Sport auto, it's been converted to LPG which is a good job, I don't think we could afford the petrol bills otherwise! Autos are notorious for being juicier on fuel.

Peanot

Visit site
I have exactly the same car same age and everything and I get 400 miles to a tank however I have just had the camber of the back wheels corrected and am hoping I get a few more. Yours does sound low do you do a lot of short journeys?

Yes I do a lot of short journeys to the yard and back and shopping etc but we worked out it is doing about 16 mpg. I used to get 500 out of my other, it was manual and 02 plate.
I'm looking to part ex it for a manual but I do like to drive the automatic whilst towing
so thought I'd ask if its just mine and buy a newer automatic or go back to a manual. Thanks

Tilda

Visit site
Mine does 27mpg and I also do a lot of short journeys so your's should be the same! Does your's have the tiptronic (sp?) option where you can change the gear up or down yourself? I keep meaning to try this with mine to see if it is any more efficient.

Peanot

Visit site
Mine does 27mpg and I also do a lot of short journeys so your's should be the same! Does your's have the tiptronic (sp?) option where you can change the gear up or down yourself? I keep meaning to try this with mine to see if it is any more efficient.

Hi, yes Tilda, mine has the gear change thing too. Ummmm, I'm wondering if its just mine? I've had the EGR valve replaced too coz I was told this would help, but it hasn't!