Anyone recommend a stallion ....

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
Hi am looking to breed my Broadstone West Country Mare next year I was just wondered if anyone could recommend a suitable stallion for her. the only reason I am breeding her is when the day comes when she is PTS I have something off her which will live on. She can be very feisty at time but I do love this about her. Id be looking for something not to big also something which was short in the back as she is very long. Looking at mainly dressage/show horses as this is what we do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Krysha
xxx

PS. Could someone let me know how to put pictures up so I can show you her.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Pictures are done via photobucket.

Without seeing her it is difficult to suggest a stallion, but based on your description and the fact you want to show the foal, I would suggest Kings Composer. Prolific show horse sire getting riding horses and hunters, plus event horses.

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
Thanks Alicia, I will try and upload to Photo bucket in next few days. am mainly looking for a dressage horse so would rather stick with warm bloods (am just picky and not a TB lover...... am sorry) She has Weltmeyer is her granddad and has quite a few of his trates lol. So I guess it will be hard to find a suitable stallion.

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
sorry guy, I haven't been on. Been mad busy with work n horses. omg Flammengold is amazing ive fell in love she looks perfect just scared about how big the foal would be haha.

Will defo upload pics of my mare tonight and see what you think.

Harthill

New User
www.harthillstud.com
Hi am looking to breed my Broadstone West Country Mare next year I was just wondered if anyone could recommend a suitable stallion for her. the only reason I am breeding her is when the day comes when she is PTS I have something off her which will live on. She can be very feisty at time but I do love this about her. Id be looking for something not to big also something which was short in the back as she is very long. Looking at mainly dressage/show horses as this is what we do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Krysha
xxx

PS. Could someone let me know how to put pictures up so I can show you her.

Carousel - neat compact Holstein bred stallion. Really smart, good brain. Not too far away from you!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
I thought that both Carousel and Ramiro B were looking stunning at Burghley, both glowing with condition, (which often stallions aren't at the end of the breeding season), and a real credit to Harthill. Sorry, don't want to divert the OP's post but was so impressed with how they both looked

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
Carousel looks lovely too, I've not had change to look properly but does he had good movement as the foal would be for many dressage and if I get my bottle I would defo event, haha .

Will defo put some photos off my mare up to night as will get home at a decent time for a change.

Thanks for everyone's input :D

Cluny

Visit site
My Dutch WB mare is also long backed and can be sharp (but she knows her job). I did a lot of research to find the right stallion and have gone for the lovely Serano Gold (Sandro Hit x Futuro x Grundstein), although he is by SH, he has a super temperament and is not your typical SH type. He was imported to the UK this year and is standing at the Romanno Stud in Scotland.

http://www.romannostud.co.uk/perf_stal.htm

Harthill

New User
www.harthillstud.com
I thought that both Carousel and Ramiro B were looking stunning at Burghley, both glowing with condition, (which often stallions aren't at the end of the breeding season), and a real credit to Harthill. Sorry, don't want to divert the OP's post but was so impressed with how they both looked
Very kind of you to say so no_no_nanette - they are all on a much deserved rest now enjoying lots of serious rolling sessions in their paddocks!

Harthill

New User
www.harthillstud.com
Carousel looks lovely too, I've not had change to look properly but does he had good movement as the foal would be for many dressage and if I get my bottle I would defo event, haha .

Will defo put some photos off my mare up to night as will get home at a decent time for a change.

Thanks for everyone's input :D

Yes he moves very well and is nicely up hill. He has sons and daughters that have been lovely successful dressage horses.