Anyone ridden on the beach at Ynyslas?

lialls

Visit site
I'm looking to go with a friend and our horses for a hack on the beach at Ynyslas, I've checked tide times and plan to arrive there just after high tide (10am) so once we've faffed about etc the tide will be going out and we will have a bit of beach to ride on. Does that sound OK to anyone with some experience of riding on the beach? Anything else I need to check before we go or that I should be aware of? :)

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
Never ridden there, but walked many times, and have seen others riding.
Do check tide times caefully, as it covers the entire car park!

Hope you have an amazing time ..... would love to see pics afterwards. :D

JillA

Visit site
Yep, used to live about half a mile away but it has been 30 years since I left. The river beach is best if there aren't too many people around and the tide is out, the sea beech isn't as smooth. I used to do my schooling there, you can see the footprints to know how good your circles or serpentines are :). I don't know about access now though, the Nature Conservancy Council levies a car parking charge in the season and you can't ride on Borth beach between March and October, so be prepared to pay. And enjoy.

WindyStacks

Visit site
Be very, very careful where you park. I drove onto the estuary sand once and was very lucky there were enough people around to push the car back to dry land!

JillA - our paths cross again - I lived in Borth a couple of years. :)

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
You can work out the best time to go because low tide will be about 4.30pm if high tide is 10am and the next high tide will be about 10pm or a bit later. So you can work out when you want to go by checking the tide tables carefully. As Sprout says wait a bit so the car park has dried a bit after the water recedes. I never ride when the tide is coming in. Have fun.

lialls

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have been told the car park has a height restriction on so I won't get the trailer in there? to drive to the end and park on the sand/side of road. have the hack to the end of the dunes to get round? Does this sound right?

neddy man

Visit site
a better time to ride would be noon ish,tide will have been going out for 2 hours so more be beacht to ride on , and low tide 4-30 so over 4 hours of riding time before tide starts coming in.