Anyone seen these sort of lumps and bumps before?

AngB

Australia - near Ballarat, provincial Victoria
www.angequineart.com
Our TB has developed a number of lumpy, volcano thingys between his front legs and near his girth areas….he's also got some more bumps growing on his shoulder. Here's a shot of the ones between his front legs. Any ideas?
69c77582.jpg

P.S. As we are in Oz it's summer here....quite hot at the moment and we are experiencing a plague of little flies
tongue.gif

collie

Visit site
Hi,
Looking at the pics i would say you have a classic case of worbles. Thye are definitely not sarcoids..
rgds

liet1

Visit site
Do they have a hard puss like core in them? I had a horse get a similar type lump years ago and it was an allergic reaction to insect bites she ended up needing a course of steroids as it affected her immune system. If you don't already, try keeping the horse rugged & use insect repellant. I always suspected midges in my case from QLD . Sorry never heard of Warbles in Aus but we do have bots but I don't know if they behave in the same way but yuck I read up on it. My horse is always wormed for bots anyway don't think I will ever forget what I just saw scarred for life.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I think these are reactions to fly bites, and you may end up with anti biotics if they get infected.
Soothing them with frequent applications of aloe vera might take them down, if they disappear then you know it's an allergic reaction.
They almost looked like "barley" lumps, when the horse reacts to too much protein in it's diet, you haven't suddenly started feeding more have you?
I would guess any fly repellant you applied didn't cover these areas, if so you need to use more next time!

Minnies_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The OP is in Australia which is why I suggested it, although i don't know if warbles are a problem there

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry, didn't notice that!