Anyone STILL waiting for mare to foal?

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I'm currently looking after a BOGOF mare and she is heavily laden with Lord only knows what. She is a kind-natured mare, if no oil-painting herself, but I can't help feeling the foal will probably be another to add to the jumble of oddments born every year with no regard to its future :(

Sooooo - anyone?

T is bagged-up but not fully and like a Zeppelin. I have a camera installed and wake every hour on the hour to observe her standing about. Surely, she can't go much longer!

Bri

Visit site
My BOGOF mare is still holding on. Vet estimated she'd be due around end of july and as yet, nothing. She bags up overnight, but by the time she comes in at the end of the day its gone back to nothing. Beginning to think it's never going to arrive! :rolleyes:

rachi0

Visit site
A bit different.. but i have 150 mares still to foal ....

(I'm in Australia working on a TB stud.. and our breeding season has just started)

2 foals - 148 to go! :)

good luck to those still waiting

Dry Rot

Visit site
I've one here. She's huge and has been for weeks! If she gets snagged on a thorn or piece of fence wire, I suspect there will be a great rushing of air and she will be jet propelled into the outer stratosphere!:D The mare was running with the stallion, so no idea when she is due!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
A little coloured colt arrived at top speed in a textbook foaling at 7.i5am. Mum waited til I turned her out and then it was all over in less than 20 minutes! Foal was up in about 15 minutes and he's a feisty lad.

Phew. I can sleep again.

Meandtheboys

Visit site
A little coloured colt arrived at top speed in a textbook foaling at 7.i5am. Mum waited til I turned her out and then it was all over in less than 20 minutes! Foal was up in about 15 minutes and he's a feisty lad.

Phew. I can sleep again.

can't wait to see the piccies...........any idea what the sire was??

Kacey88

Visit site

Phew. I can sleep again.

Oh yes, pictures please! And congrats :D