Anyone still waiting to do a last clip?

Stenners

Visit site
I'm thinking of clipping my mare next week for the last time this but not sure if just to leave her. She does get hot quickly though!

AandK

Visit site
When my 25yo was still in work, I did his last clip end of February. He is a hot horse and very hairy, so usually needed clipping every 3 weeks from September!

ETA, my 9yo is not as hot or hairy, he was clipped early Dec, and I will probably do him again in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I have 3 horses, the older guy has one clip each winter in about November & this lasts him, his coat grows slowly. The big grey probably has 3 clips, first one grows out in about 6 weeks so he needs several. The final one has been on box rest & has had very little work but now he's off the box rest & coming back into work he's having his first tomorrow.

Birker2020

Visit site

sherry90

Visit site
I’m not going to bother. Last year I did and it’s was a bit pointless and this year would be even moreso. It’s been relatively mild and his coat just hasn’t grown as much, he’s fit and not sweating when doing quite a bit (in work 5 days a week, mixture of schooling hacking and jumping). We did Somerford farm ride in an hour the other week and he just sweated near his girth so as long as he continues to be ok I’m leaving it.

AFB

Visit site
Mine was clipped last week, might do another late one mid Feb otherwise he grows a lot of wiry cat hairs

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I did my second and hopefully last of the season on New Year’s Day. I guess I’ll have to see how hairy he gets and how mild it is. He’s doing a lot more work this year as previous years a simple Irish clip did him all winter. This year he’s on his second full clip aside from legs and half head.

MissTyc

Visit site
I clip whenever I feel like it or they're getting hot. "Last" clip is usually in March sometime when the mid winter clip starts to molt out.

Surbie

Visit site
I clipped 2 weeks ago and will clip again around the end of January & send the clippers off to be serviced/sharpened then ready for next year. I'm determined to avoid most of the shedding this year!