Anyone think of a dressage saddle for these withers?

Rebels

Visit site
Hi, I'm desperately looking for a dressage saddle for my warmblood eventer. This is the best pic i have of him, normally he only has pics with his clothes on so please excuse it!
picture.php

Hopefully you can see the very high withers that he has making it very hard to get a saddle to sit properly. Any help very much appreciated!

nedzy

Visit site
My horse is a similar shape and has been very difficult to fit. I find that a Thorowgood T4 Hi wither fits, and the Bates Caprilli, but am interested to see what others suggest.

charlie13

Visit site
kent and masters made by throwogood full English leather i have the jump version 695 brand new. or kentaur dressage saddle seam to fit well .the kent and masters have the adjustable gullet.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
ive used a kieffer gp on a high withered before and love the saddles!

the tree are also fully adjustable.. they do have to be sent away though, not sure of price for the dressage saddles but the gps were around 1k.

http://www.kieffer.net/dressage/

look at the ones that have the cut back pommels

Rebels

Visit site
Budget of around £300 second hand. Poss £600 for a new but would have to sell something else first. The pic doesnt show his withers that well, he's 17.3 on his withers but about 16.3 on his back! nedzy - i have heard good and bad about the bates caprilli, has it worked for you?

Rebels

Visit site
Have been keeping tabs on every wow to go through ebay but even the second hand ones make £900 easily! If i could ride the others in it then possibly but he is very unique, i pretty much made my saddler cry the first time she saw him (he was a hatrack as well which didnt help!)

nedzy

Visit site
The Bates fits him really well, just not sure I am truly happy with it, but had an Albion for years until I go current high withered one and really loved that, just wish it would fit him!

Rebels

Visit site
Well, now got an extensive ebay watch list! Nedzy, i've heard such mixed reviews about the bates, some people love them, others arent so convinced. I need something to really let him shift his shoulders as his tendency is to hold tension thro his shoulders. What about it doesnt convince you? Pm me if you prefer, I'm very interested to know

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
the below horse was an 18.2 that not only had bad mucsel wastage from being neglected he had a daft amount of wither! if not a kieffer, id really suggest something with a cutback pommel, they can give you a good few inches of clearence compare to a normal shape.

i think.. and please no one think it is a personal attack as it is not.

but with saddles such as bates, its far to easy to make the gullet to narrow to narrow to get it off the withers, not really taking into account how level the saddle is and the fit at the back (this comes from experiance and being the worlds biggest hater of changable gullets!)
linfordo.jpg

bmw

Visit site
My horse has quite high withers and I use Thorowgood High wither for both my GP and Dressage, they are a really nice fit :)

Rebels

Visit site
Here another pic of him shortly after i got him looking very gangly and unmuscled doing yet another trot up.

picture.php

Rebels

Visit site
Thanks for all the help, i have a nice long list of makes to research further. Lost out on a thorowgood t6 high wither tonight on ebay so needed more help on other makes!