Anyone thinking of putting mare in foal now

JaxMath

Visit site
My boy still has mares coming to him now and over the next month.
Some people prefer to have later foals so the weather is better (hopefully!!) when they arrive. (He had a mare come to him in late August last year).

I have also had two foals that were born at the very end of June, they looked quiet young as foals compared to other foals born Mar/April - however by the time they were two and three year olds they had caught up. (the 3yr old won the Supreme Champion Warmblood at The Royal Show) - so don't be put off, got for it!!! Good Luck!!

Aredis

Visit site
We have our last mare to be scanned next week. If she is not in foal we will leave her until next year and get an early start.

holiday

www.bathleyhillfarmlivery.com
Weve still got three mares to foal (two are due beginning of August) they will both be covered this year. One mare weve tried on numerous occasions to bring her forward and she wont take early in the season the other mare doesnt do the best over Winter so weve purposely bred a later foal so she gets some good grass before foaling. So those two girls will stay as late foalers!!!! June foals are certainly not too late especially after the Winter we had this time!!!!!

eventrider23

Visit site
I've just had one come in to be be put in foal so yes still breeding. I remember speaking to a stud who said they were still having requests in October last year!!!!

Simsar

Visit site
Got one to foal 26ish July she will go back in to foal, but usually finished by now, its just that ginge wouldn't take untill August and that wasn't for the want of trying.

Simsar

Visit site
Weve still got three mares to foal (two are due beginning of August) they will both be covered this year. One mare weve tried on numerous occasions to bring her forward and she wont take early in the season the other mare doesnt do the best over Winter so weve purposely bred a later foal so she gets some good grass before foaling. So those two girls will stay as late foalers!!!! June foals are certainly not too late especially after the Winter we had this time!!!!!

Penny hows the showing going?

Clepottage

Visit site
I've just been midwife (did all foalwatch and foaled down) a friends mare who foaled a few days ago. She'll be covered again foal heat for a 2011 baby.

timmy1977

Visit site
we inseminated one to cashpoint on monday and have another 2 due to be done next week, another to cashpoint and one to benetton dream

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Too late for me purely because I can't, due to our ground, wean later than mid November at the very latest and that's providing we have a decent autumn too. It's for that reason I've called it a day for Bea this year.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
My mare (who Simsar has now) was imseminated middle august and had a july baby :) he is prob a bit smaller than some and when we go to the County Show will be a young yearling but he's great :)

tikino

Visit site
i have just sent one mare away on monday as it was a last minute dession due to circumstances and the other to be scan for foal on wednesday so early enough yet

htobago

Visit site
Tobago still has quite a lot of mares to come - some still waiting for this year's foals, etc. We get mares right through into September, so I would certainly not say it's too late now!

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Sending mine away in 3 weeks' time - wanted to do a couple of shows, the Futurity and a LOT of handling with the foal before they went to stud so he didn't return half wild! Normally give mares a year between foals but had a special order this year!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
We have only just started on all of ours - needed to take a breather after the last foaling!

My ISH mare is with Shirley at this very moment, to go to Caretino Glory by special request from a friend; the little coloured cob mare that is on loan this year has just been covered by the lovely TB stallion Hever Golf Ranger; the other ISH mare has just been PG'd and will be scanned and AI'd next week - her owner is using Balou Star, and is really excited about the combination! - and finally, our "syndicated" Cavalier Royale x Clover Hill mare will be scanned in preparation for being AI'd next week; we are using Weston Justice on her.

So we are likely to have 4 foals arriving very close together in 2011! Hopefully that means that the sleepless nights will not last too long!

wonder

Visit site
We still have mares coming in and people still enquiring we covered into September last year so not too late.