Anyone tried Top Spec Ulcerkind?

Bav

Visit site
As title really.
My big boy seems to be flaring up again, mainly due to restricted turnout because of naff fields. Que upping the hay/double netting.

I've not seen many reviews on the ulcerkind and wondered if anyone had uses it?

He's currently on Alfa-a molasses free (although Im considering changing to hi-fi molasses free, he's a real do-gooder and only in light work due to my pregnancy)
Spillers low cal balancer
Protexin acid ease
Magnesium
Biotin and Brewers yeast. I've been asvised by a friend to cut out garlic, as this can make them gassy although I've not heard of that before!

This has been done to death so sorry - Jaffa-cakes on offer!!

JCWHITE

Visit site
Only just started using this product so cant really comment yet. Cubes are standard sized, horse enjoying them so far!

whizzer

Visit site
I've tried them,super fussy horse ate them no problem which is amazing in its self! I'm sure he's past the threat of anymore ulcers but was interested to try them,however after a short time I felt his weight was dropping off a bit,could've been anything really as he's a very poor doer but I decided to put him back on the TS cool condition cubes which he's been on for years & does well on.

whizzer

Visit site
They do have quite a high DE which you may not want if he's a good doer? Also def stop the garlic,that came up many times in my extensive ulcer research! Can he go out more? I'd really worry with an ulcer horse about lack of turnout,mine now lives out 24/7 & is much happier, I avoid having him in at all costs as he really doesn't like it even for a few hours.

Darkwater

Visit site
They do have quite a high DE which you may not want if he's a good doer?

They do have quite a high DE but you don't need to feed large amounts for them to be helpful i've found - My good doer elderly mare has a couple of cupfulls in her treatball and she is doing really well on them, i've been able to cut down her Protexin for the first time in years

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Mine gets two small handfuls in a feed with her balancer - she's also a good doer. I've been keeping a close eye on her weight and she doesn't seem to have put on any but will keep monitoring :). I do wish the feeding guidelines for it were much clearer though.

She's doing really well on it and is back to how she was acting before she had the ulcers. I'm v happy with it as a feed and it's reasonably cheap. You might need to get it ordered in by your feed shop, but mine are now carrying it permanently as it's getting quite popular.

Bav

Visit site
Thankyou guys! Just realised I put do-gooder instead of good-doer...I wish!

I think I shall get a bag, I checked today and my local feed shop sell them at £10 a bag! Can't hurt to try, I was just surprised how I couldn't seem to find many review on it!