Anyone use non-violent methods?

NealW

Visit site
I have had my posts removed and the general air is that violence is acceptable.

Is this true?

Are there any people who come here that treat horses in a caring manner (Hitting them is not a caring manner) or is everyone pretty much primitive?

Benjamin

www.freewebs.com
[ QUOTE ]
I have had my posts removed and the general air is that violence is acceptable.

Is this true?

Are there any people who come here that treat horses in a caring manner (Hitting them is not a caring manner) or is everyone pretty much primitive?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you will find that everyone on this forum, care about there horses a great deal!
Can you tell us about your 'non primitive' methods then?

the watcher

Visit site
the post was removed because it included names and could have been construed as defamatory

There is not a general air of supporting violence in any form on this forum (although aggressive posters sometimes get a virual slap)

siennamum

Visit site
Please go back to the Monty roberts forum. This is very dull and you seem to want to stir trouble. The post was removed as it was defamatory. Get factual evidence of people's actions before slandering them, I agree if they treat horses this way they should be shut down, but not when you've had it 3rd hand from someone on a forum, and when it's someone's livelihood.

NealW

Visit site
Well excuse me but every reply I got supported violence.

All I am saying is that there is a better way.

If you think whipping a horse is caring then you are welcome to your own perverse world if lies.

Ginn

Visit site
Oh FFS!!

Most horseowners and trainer are non-violent! Yes sometimes a horse will get a justified clout - they are bl**dy big animals and should always have respect for their handlers but very, very few people bully and beat their horses and those that do usually ultimately get caught and reprimanded for it!

Just because a post has been removed because its content was potentially damaging to the individuals mentioned in it does in no way mean that violent methods of training are either used or condoned by members of this forum!

siennamum

Visit site
I think I saw one of your horses in yr field the other day btw. I kept my eyes peeled after you posted where the field was (and nearly drove off the M'way) and saw a chestnut cob with a white face hooleying round the field (looked very abused btw
tongue.gif
)

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I didnt read the other thread in question but it was obviously defamatory. If you use these forums, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions and the board admins obviously thought you hadnt.

As for this thread... its nothing more than flame bait. Most people who use this forum go to great lengths to help each other and offer advice. Im a particularly sensitive person in regards to the way horses are treated and your post in itself is offensive to anyone who thinks the same way.

Why even bother to post this? You obviously dont want any kind of constructive discussion; you just want to wind other people up. Since we're clearly all people that you disapprove of, why waste your time here? Just move along..

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I think I saw one of your horses in yr field the other day btw. I kept my eyes peeled after you posted where the field was (and nearly drove off the M'way) and saw a chestnut cob with a white face hooleying round the field (looked very abused btw
tongue.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

yay!!!! That was Bob the Cob (the one in my avatar)! He does quite a lot of hooleying at the moment. it is his mission in life to dig up the fields so he can come in more often and eat more haylege. VERY abused.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I wear jagged edge spurs for dressage and the ones with sharp points for jumping. Last night my horse was not behaving like I wanted him too – so I hit him with my schooling whip – he has now got lines where I hit him. I also am in favour of giving him the occasional clump round the head when he is in my way….I also am not adverse to biting him back when he nips me. I also carry a length of hose for whacking him with – I tend to do this to all of the horses as I find it to be very effective in getting my horses to behave.

I thought this was normal behaviour?

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
"Are there any people who come here that treat horses in a caring manner (Hitting them is not a caring manner) or is everyone pretty much primitive?"

Your post indicates that you know nothing about horses.

They are BIG animals. The ones I ride get as natural a lifestyle as possible, and I'd never hit them.

But it's like with children. If you let them get everything their way, they turn out nasty and rude. If you firmly prevent misbehaviour, your horse will be happier, especially if the time ever comes to sell him on. This does not include hitting. Ignoring seems to do the trick. I care about my horses, and so teach them manners and obedience, so we can both get the best out of riding.