Anyone used Graham Monroe for surgery?

cptrayes

Visit site
My boy is to be scheduled for the ligament snip kissing spines operation in October. My vet plans to use Graham Monroe, who is new to them this year and I have never heard of him. Anyone know him?

If you want to PM me, please do, but don't leave a post saying so otherwise it looks bad and the thread could be pulled.

Ta!

Booboos

Visit site
He did my horse's stiffle OCD many moons ago as a visiting surgeon for the clinic I was with at the time. He is a lovely man, very calm with the horses and understanding of the problems (e.g. box rest), and I believe he is considered an expert in his field. My boy unfortunately re-lapsed 18 months after the op but that had nothing to do with the operation, but with the gravity of his condition.

SammyDingle

Visit site
He operated on my boy 3 months ago, both his stifles and so far fingers crossed everything has been perfect.

I saw him when i took my lad in for a check up and he remebered him and took time out of his day to talk to me about the op and how it went and also about after care and the long term prognosis. The vets obviously did talk to me about this but it was great to talk direct to him about it. He also gave me some great advise and tips on how to get Sammy right and waht signs to look out for in fututre.

A lovely caring, gentle, understanding man and from what i have heard a highly regarded and sought after surgeon.

Hope all goes well :)

Fox07

Visit site
Yes he did my mares op 10weeks ago for bi- lateral ocd in her stifles, I didnt meet him but spoke to him on the phone and he explained everything very clearly and the prognosis. I dont know if the op has worked yet (have a review in 2 weeks time) but my physio who was up last week for my horse also told me he was an excellent surgeon.

cptrayes

Visit site
I can report that Graham did my horse's ligament desmotomy yesterday. He talked it through with me first, and explained that some of the processes were so tight that he might not be able to get between them to cut them apart. Because of the much more onerous rehab required for a complete process removal, he said he would do everything he could to avoid it.

He reappeared a couple of hours later looking like he'd just run a 10k and the vet who was assisting him said he'd worked his socks off not to have to take the bone out.

And he's a nice person, too :)

All i have to do now is hope it works!

SammyDingle

Visit site
Glad all went well and i hope you horse continues to improve.

He is a great surgeon. I have had some complications along the way with my lad and he has really helped and supported (not what i expected of the surgeon)