Anyone used Pam Millar riding instructor?

Tayto

Visit site
I have booked a lesson with Pam Millar and wondered if anyone has any reviews on her?

I am very novice and need someone that can be kind and sympathetic as I do not respond well to the tough love kind of teaching.

My horse is quite green with schooling so we both have a lot to learn.

TequilaMist

Visit site
Yes used to have lessons regularly with Pam when I 'inherited' my daughters horse(showjumper).
I liked her.Not a quick fix sort of teacher,takes time to get horse supple and muscles built to carry itself
Ask if your unsure of anything she will explain I did all the time even if it seemed a silly question.
Haven't had lesson for a while now as daughter's stolen her horse back.

Spookywood

Visit site
Hi Tayto, Pam sounds like she might suit you. As TM says she takes everything slow and wont make you do anything you are unconfortable with. Very encouraging, kind and sympathetic and definitely wont shout or push you. Worth trying out, I know a few people who have regular lessons with her and rate her. Good luck :)

Tayto

Visit site
Thanks for your comments - I had a lesson with her last week and she was fab. My girl and I have A LOT of work to do though - I had been having lessons prior to this but the lessons were more focused on legs and hands where as I wanted to learn to use my seat more.

Its going to be a long road, and I think Pam will take things slow and we wont move on until we have perfected whatever we are working on which I like. Got another lesson on Saturday - really looking forward to it :)