Anyone used 'Right Horse Right Home'?

soloequestrian

Visit site
Thinking, yet again, about selling my slightly quirky gelding and I wonder if 'Right Horse Right Home' is any use?
He is 14, 16.1, fairly nice looking, great (bare) feet, good doer, WBxTB, easy enough to handle, box, vet, dentist. He doesn't much like school work which is what I'm keen on. He is good to hack and seems to enjoy that.
The quirky bits - he's a headshaker, very mild, only when ridden, fully controlled by nose net. He needs a competent handler/rider - if he gets a whiff of you not being totally in charge he will take advantage. He can be nappy when he has been out of work, it's irritating rather than dangerous (and I'm not a very brave rider).
If RHRH is no use where else should I advertise? I don't have a huge horsey circle to do it by word of mouth and I'm fairly far north so not that big an audience.

Abacus

Visit site
I’ve never advertised there but have searched (without much luck). I wouldn’t discount the main selling sites if you are honest in your description and fair in pricing. If the head shaking is only in summer might he find a hunting home? - in which case the equestrian notice board might be worth a go (although not the best time of year).

nutjob

Visit site
As a buyer I would never use it as you have to pay to be able to contact the seller. There's plenty of options to contact horse sellers for free.

SO1

Visit site
Yes I contacted one pony which sounded perfect but it sold and she said she had lots of interest from people. I think if you are selling because people have to pay you get less time wasters.

Also if you have a wanted add on there which is free they email you with horses that fit your criteria so as soon as you advise people are emailed about your horse if meets the criteria.

soloequestrian

Visit site
He's definitely not hunting material - more a happy hacker!
The idea of filtering out quite a lot of people appeals - his quirks mean he's not worth much so I'm worried I'll get the wrong sort of interest.