Anyone used scenar on horses?

dozzie

Visit site
Having had scenar treatment myself just wondered whether anyone had used it successfully on horses?

For those of you who have never heard of it....Cant describe how it works but friend was treated after getting run over by a tractor ( driven by his wife!), wife took him home and treated him every 30 mins or so with Scenar machine, he got up the next day absolutely fine, no stiffness, nothing!!!

buddly

Visit site
is that the little machine that sends little shock type waves? and can measure pain? if iy is i had it on my haorse after a op to remove a bone chip in his elbow he was having trouble flexing his leg after op etc and theguy who does my horses back used it, it was great his flexion improved dramatically after a couple of days and within a week was much better. app it shortens healing time so if u were told 6 weeks it would b better in 3 ish... though he did say there is only him and another vet who actually have this machine for horses it is normally in hospitals

dozzie

Visit site
Thanks. Yes that sounds right. I think it works on radio waves.Hope you dont mind me asking but how many treatments did your horse have?

Hospital physio hadnt heard of it! So dont think its in the NHS yet!!!!

buddly

Visit site
he only had the one and came on in leaps and bounds after
grin.gif
i would def use it again if i needed to. Do u need to use one or are u asking out of intrest?

clipclop

Visit site
Yes, I think it is the most amazing little machine.

My horse had a treatment on a stiff shoulder which freed up immediately afterwards and I also had a treatment on my shoulder area that I had lived with for blooming ages and after one zap it felt like my right arm was floating the the air!! PMSL!!

I could seriously do with another zap as I have re damaged that shoulder whilst lifting a lugging my baby around.

I have seen many horses treated with the Scenar machine and those that had, had the treament before went to sleep. So it obviously feels as good to them as it does to us.

I use Roger Meacock. He is a lovely man to deal with. Based in Wiltshire but will travel if you get a few of you together. He has come down to Cornwall a couple of time. I think I managed to organise 8 treatments for him and he was happy to treck down here.
smile.gif

dozzie

Visit site
I have had dealings with Roger! He was the person who introduced me to scenar and saved my dogs life!!! I was just wondering if anyone had used it with horses with success. I think the more it is publicised the better, dont you????

dozzie

Visit site
My friend says its much more difficult to use on animals because of the hair. Clearly it does work in experienced hands!! Id just never known whether anyone had had success with horses.

It is the most amazing thing isnt it!!!!

H&H need to do an article on it!!

clipclop

Visit site
They most certainly do!
Oh I forgot. ,I had my old mare treated too and she went out in to the field like a new horse it took years off of her.
The same thing happened with Kibob's old horse. He pinged out in to the field.
smile.gif

I really need to organise another clinic with him soon
smile.gif