Anyone used the Tack Shack, Loughborough for saddle fitting/alteration

gothdolly

Visit site
Hi there
Has anyone used the Tack Shack, Shepshed, for saddle fitting or alterations? Do they fit your own saddle? The saddle that my new horse came with does not fit him although I suspect that it once did..... he was underweight when I bought him and has muscle wastage. He also had a "cold back" so I suspect the saddle has hurt his back. I have not ridden him yet as he has not been well enough but before I do get on (when he is finally fit and well!) I want the saddle professionally fitted.... I assume if the saddle he came with (a wintec 500) cannot be made to fit, they will sell me one that does!)

Also, I would like someone to re-stuff my cob's dressage saddle.... I have had it nearly a year now and I think its "settled" a bit.

If no one has opinions on the Tack Shack, do you know anyone else who comes out to Nottingham area to do that sort of thing?

Cheers in advance!

Cassandra x

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Hi I bought a saddle from Louise who used to run it some years ago, not sure if she still does. Initially she came and measured for a new saddle for my youngster and by the time it had been ordered and made to measure (not by Louise) and i'd got back riding my horse the saddle was too narrow! In hindsight I would never have a new saddle made again for a youngster as it's money down the pan. She did call out to us some time later bringing some 2nd hand saddles but didn't have anything that fitted my mare. I still have the original saddle 9 years later sitting in my loft. I did know of other people at the time that recommended her think I was just unfortunate.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I remember having Louise out years ago, but can't really remember the outcome.

I've had Andy Milner from S Milner and Sons in John O'Gaunt, Melton Mowbray do mine for the last few years.

If you are close enough to Loughborough to use the Tack Shack (Shepshed) then you are close enough for Milners, but you will pay travel, unless you can take them in.

DW Team

Visit site
I have always Andy Milner since moving here and have been more than happy with the service they have given me in fitting my 4 horses with their saddles. I was very lucky that one of the horses was able to use a saddle that I already had.

gothdolly

Visit site
Ooh thanks for the information I will look up Milners. This poor horse has had enough issues before I got him - I really need to get his saddle sorted properly.

Cassadndra