Anyone who has a wintec 500 dressage saddle

kylie88

Visit site
Need you help please, could you tell me what the panels are like underneath, do they get narrower towards the back or are they pretty much the same width all the way along?

Looking at buying 1 but cant find any pics to see what they are like!

Thanks in advanced
grin.gif

Abbeygale

Visit site
I have a wintec 2000 & a wintec isabell - and I think the gullet is pretty much the same width all the way along - but I'm not sure about the 500 I am afraid.

Just to differ from the other 2 posters - I love my wintecs, and wouldn't change them. BUT the wintec shape suits my mare, and she has never gone as well as she has done since i Have had the isabell. We both love it, and she is obviously comfortable in it.

But as always is it horses for courses!
smile.gif

monkeybum13

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have a wintec 2000 & a wintec isabell - and I think the gullet is pretty much the same width all the way along - but I'm not sure about the 500 I am afraid.

Just to differ from the other 2 posters - I love my wintecs, and wouldn't change them. BUT the wintec shape suits my mare, and she has never gone as well as she has done since i Have had the isabell. We both love it, and she is obviously comfortable in it.

But as always is it horses for courses!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the 500 (I think it is) and panels are the same width along from what I can recall - god I'm being blonde today
blush.gif

I also love my wintecs, they suit the shape of mare luckily as they don't suit some horses.
smile.gif

kylie88

Visit site
Thanks guys, I have had wintecs in the past and found them ok and have the wintec wide for my other pony and I dont think its a bad saddle. I do prefer leather but hes only 5 so dont want to spend out to much as hes still got lots more maturing to do and want something that can be altered more

monkeybum13

Visit site
Kylie88 I bought a wintec dressage and a wintec gp for the same reasons as you. Lace is only 4 so is most likely going to change shape so it's much easier to change gullets and buy her nice leather saddles once she stops going. Thank god she fits wintecs
laugh.gif